I'm trying to set up a simple learning path using

I'm trying to set up a simple learning path using CoursePress Pro. The workflow should be:

1. Registered users are directed on login to a simple dashboard with an icon for each course. (this works)
2. The icons are in the order on the page that we want them to take the courses. Each course has a pre-requisite of taking the previous course. Dim/grey out the icons for courses that aren't yet available.
3. Registered users are auto-enroled to all available courses so they don't need to go through enrolment
4. Each course has only 1 unit (it's a video or a questionnaire)
5. Clicking on a dashboard icon should take the user to the unit page where the video autoplays (I'm using Vimeo Pro to embed videos - this feature works ok)
6. The unit page should be full width with no sidebar (I'm using Zerif Pro template)
7. At the end of the video the user clicks a 'Done' button which marks the course as complete and returns them to the dashboard.

Is this reasonably simple to achieve with the standard features of CoursePress Pro? If there are tutorials/hints. please point me at them.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Peter,

Not everything will be possible without custom coding, but let me go through things that can be achieve.

2. The icons are in the order on the page that we want them to take the courses. Each course has a pre-requisite of taking the previous course. Dim/grey out the icons for courses that aren't yet available.

This will require creating custom code to display it like that - you can take default CoursePress theme and modify it in child theme https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/if-i-want-to-create-a-child-theme-to-customize-elements
    As for the pre-requisite there is options for this in Course enrolment section.

3. Registered users are auto-enroled to all available courses so they don't need to go through enrolment

Here is small code snippet that allows that https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic
    /coursepress-auto-register-user#post-768674

4. Each course has only 1 unit (it's a video or a questionnaire)

Possible, just create one unit and thats it.

5. Clicking on a dashboard icon should take the user to the unit page where the video autoplays (I'm using Vimeo Pro to embed videos - this feature works ok)

This would require custom coding to implement redirects, as normal flow is to choose course and then choose unit.

6. The unit page should be full width with no sidebar (I'm using Zerif Pro template)

This will also require custom CSS coding to remove sidebar from units view.

7. At the end of the video the user clicks a 'Done' button which marks the course as complete and returns them to the dashboard.

Yes, this is build in function.

kind regards
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.