I'm trying to setup domain mapping for my multisite.

Hi I'm trying to setup domain mapping for my multisite. I've Installed the domain mapping plugin found here.
https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/

The problem I am having is i can't get the domain Mapping Option to appear on my sub site under the tools menu.

Any ideas on what I might have missed in setting this up?

thanks,
- Kris

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Kris,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Please follow these steps:

1) Go to your "Network Admin" -> "Plugins" page and deactivate Domain Mapping plugin (do not delete it)
    2) Make sure that you've copied the "sunrise.php" file from

/wp-content/plugins/domain-mapping/ folder

to

/wp-content/ folder

3) Make sure that you've added the

define('SUNRISE', 'on');

line to your site's "wp-config.php" file (after an opening "<?php" tag and before the "/* That's all..." line)

4) Go to your "Network Admin" -> "Plugins" page and "Network enable" the plugin again.

From now on, the "Domain Mapping" option should be available under the "Tools" menu of each sub-site for you as a super-admin and for admins of these sub-sites. Please note though no user of other user-role will be able to access it.

Let me know if it helped, please!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Kris,

Thanks for granting access, under Settings > Domain Mapping panel in your network admin you have checked only for sites with Pro Sites status to be able to map domains, however you don't such sub-sites.

So, what you need to do is either disable this option or assign Pro Site status to your test site.
    After this you will see the DM settings in sub-sites.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Kris
    • New Recruit

That worked. Thanks! I didn't realize these sites weren't attached to a pro site level.

If someone signs up to create a site is there a way to set a Pro Site Level to it? For example anytime a site is created through the signup form I would like it to be attached to the Free Pro Site Level.

- Kris

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Kris,

That's great it's working now.

As for automatic Pro Site Level. At this moment it seems user can register for your site a "standard WP way". Then, the site that's created is not a Pro Sites site and he/she should have to upgrade. That's fine but also you have "Allow Free signup" option enabled AND a level with "0" price. The "Allow Free signup" option allows your users to signup for standard non-Pro Sites site.

Disabling it (on "Network Admin" -> "Pro Sites" -> "Settings" page) should force users to select from available Pro Sites level.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.