Cloner is stuck

I'm using the cloner to make some staging sites on our network and it's worked well so far. Really like it! However, I got brave and tried it with a domain that is using the "Domains Mapping" ability from you guys. I couldn't find anything in the forums that would suggest it wouldn't work, but it seems to be stuck. I just see a spinning wheel that say "Please wait..." It does say it copied the settings but nothing else seems to be working. It's been stuck for at least 20 minutes. Should I just be patient or does it not work in this case?

  • Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

    Hi Riley,

    Could you check your server error logs and see if anything is listed in there that might point to where the error is happening. You should be able to find the logs in your server CPanel or look for an error_log file in your site /public_html & /wp-admin folders.

    Can you send your details direct via email to

    Mark for attn: Vaughan
    Include a ref URL to this thread.

    Please include the following details;
    - Site login details (super-admin if on multisite)
    - FTP login details so I can take a look at the theme/plugin files.
    - CPanel Credentials so I can look at the DNS settings & DB with Phpmyadmin


  • Riley with SOZO.DO
    • Webprenuer

    I did check out the error logs finally when I had a moment and that did give point me in the right direction. It looks like even just having a certain "maintenance mode" or "coming soon" plugin activated (both from the same maker), though not turned on and covering the site, was stopping the Cloner from working. It's not a big deal for me to deactivate the maintenance mode / coming soon plugins before I clone the sites, but I am curious why that blocks the cloner from doing it's job.

    I can still happily send details to everything if you guys want to check it out and see what you can see, but if you're swamped, then I'm okay and can mark this as closed. I can live with this.


Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.