I'm using blogs mu theme and I'm looking for a simple way

I’m using blogs mu theme and I’m looking for a simple way (via the theme) to remove the meta data when creating a page. For example the page I’ve created has By “the publisher of the page” and the date of when is was published. I’ve tried all template types and still, it publishes the meta data.

If it’s not possible to do this via the theme, then how can I do this using the child theme files?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @kale407

The appearance of the meta data on pages actually depends on whether comments are allowed or not. If comments are enabled on a page, it is presumed that the content is time-related, so the meta-data will display.

If you disable comments on a page, the meta-data will not display.

If you want to remove meta-data regardless of whether comments are on or off, there are 2 ways to do that:

1. Copy page.php from the parent to your child-theme. Then comment out or delete this part:

<?php if ( comments_open() ) { ?>
    <div class="post-meta"><?php _e('By',TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?>&nbsp;<?php the_author_posts_link(); ?> <?php _e("in",TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?> <?php the_time('F jS Y') ?>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<?php comments_popup_link(__('No Comment&nbsp;&raquo;',TEMPLATE_DOMAIN), __('1 Comment&nbsp;&raquo;',TEMPLATE_DOMAIN), __('% Comments&nbsp;&raquo;',TEMPLATE_DOMAIN)); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

2. You can simply hide it via CSS by adding the following to your child-theme’s style-sheet:

.page .post-meta {
    display:none;
    }

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.