I'm using grid market child theme. I cannot seem to change

I'm using grid market child theme. I cannot seem to change the header (Even after chosing a header image in appreances->header image, still it says gridmarket.

I need to setup a full fleged ecommerce store but the simple things seem to be so difficult in your theme.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Asif Imtiaz,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Once you choose your image make sure you click on Upload button, after that you will be able to crop the image for the right size to be used in header. After cropping click on Save Changes button.

Now you need to go to Appearance > Theme Options, select Custom Header or Logo *we use the custom header to allow you control over logos option and save the changes.
    You should be able to see the header image now.

We are aware that our legacy themes lack some functions but we recently published awesome Upfront theme which offers tons of options and customization.
    You can get it here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/themes/
    Or read more about it here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/introducing-upfront/

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Asif Imtiaz

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. I have done all that before. I went to appeareance, then selected header image and uploaded my custom header image (based on the recommended size 980x100) still after upload I cropped and saved it. The image shows in my left side panel under header upload button, but it does not show in the right side display as well as the actual site itself (I did save and publish changes).

UPDATE: Ok I went to "Theme Options" whereas I was going to Appreance->Customize->Header Image. Still it does not change anything. (I have also tried hard refrehCrtl+F5) just incase I was seeing cashed site.

Regarding the new Theme, I have seen it, and it is quite versatile. However, I am planning to make an ecommerce site with different products, and my wordpress is a multisite install. My overall plan is to make an etsy style domain where other people can setup shops and customize it.
    I dont think the new theme you guys published is designed for such eCommerce type thing. However if it is, then please let me know.

• Asif Imtiaz

If I may add, the youtube videos that I've found about MarketPlace and FrameMarket and GridMarket is very vague and does not really help someone to setup something from scratch. Its just an overview of the whole thing.
    If there was a tutorial (Even a text one) that showed the customer to setup his shop/website the way it is shown in the adverts you guys give (The picture of frame market that is in this website) how it was made. Where to make what changes to make it upto that standard (as the theme is just a barebone thing after initial install). And then your customer could go about changing whatever he/she wants to.

Thanks.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Asif Imtiaz,

Using Upfront you can make pretty much anything you want it depends on the time you are willing to invest to it as it does have a slight learning curve.

Most of the setup guidelines can be found on MarketPress plugin page under Usage tab, and we will provide any further assistance if you need.

As for the header image, would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Asif Imtiaz,

In your Theme Options you didn't have Custom Header or Logo *we use the custom header to allow you control over logos option selected and that's why header wasn't showing, it should all be good now :slight_smile:

Spirit is child theme that needs Upfront installed in order to work, you can read more about Upfront theme in our blog post I linked in my first comment.
    Also to let you know, we’re working on specific Upfront integration for MarketPress.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.