Marketpress global cart cookie issue

I'm using marketpress and prosites together so marketpress is not network activated and only active on some sites.

Each site's store should be entirely separate from the next however the global cart cookie still appears to be being set.

This is causing problems with, for example, a purchaser on site A seeing pre-populated shipping details from a totally separate purchase on site B. Another reported issue is with orders from two site A users being mixed together so the cart for the second user contains items from the first.

I think the mp_globalcart cookie may be causing the problem here but any insight you can provide on this and, more importantly guidance on how to fix it, would be very helpful.

Thanks

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @localdirect,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

Please update the MarketPress plugin to the latest version.

Had you network activated the MarketPress plugin?

If yes then re-activate it network wise then set "Enable Global shopping cart" to "No" in MarketPress Network Options and save the changes. after making changes deactivate it network wise.

Could you please share me the site links to test it?

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• localdirect
    • Flash Drive

Hi, we've updated to the latest version but the problem has not been resolved. Anonymous users still share the same shopping cart and the global cookie respectively.

A simple reproducible example would be the following:

A logged in user adds a product to the cart and hits the "Shopping cart" page. The user is able to see his/her own products added to the cart.

An anonymous user adds another product and goes to the "Shopping cart" tab. That user sees only the new product.

Opening 2 different anonymous browsers (say Opera and Firefox) and navigating to "Shopping cart" would display the product added by the first anonymous user to the second. Details such as "shipping details" are also visible to said user, i.e. everything is shared across non-logged in users in the global cart.

Again, as my multisite has totally separate sites with different admins and I have no need for this global cart tracking and it actually poses a security risk at the moment due to the second anonymous user seeing the details for the first.

I tried network activating, checking the global cart option was set to No - it was - saving and deactivating again but this had no effect.

Happy to send a link over but could you provide an email to send it to, so its not done publicly.

Thanks

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hmm seen this issue with onsite cache (no caching should be applied to any store cart product pages)
    w3 etc even if they are no longer active...
    So if you had any plugin cache at any point.. this is a start..
    I do recall some quirks with ngix being mentioned with the latest MP updates cant recall specifically.

Unfortunately as I am only a paying user like you.. the process is you have to wait for a staff member to check then they get the dev involved because we mere mortals are asked not to interfere with the flow.. :slight_smile:
    So pay and wait is our requirement.. which is hard to stomach when you have live sites with real world issues but there you go.
    Security clients and sales have to wait.. :slight_smile:
    If I come across the ngix threads I will post link if they are relevant..
    Hang in there, hope it doesn't take too much longer till someone that can actually fix does..

• localdirect
    • Flash Drive

<crickets>

...hardly the "lightening fast response times" as stated on your home page. You guys should really consider adding a more direct means of contact for high urgency issues.

Anyway, grumbles aside, this issue still stands, and would be good to get some further insight ASAP due to the severity of the problem

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @localdirect,

Really sorry for the delay here.

I tried to reproduce the same issue on my test site but i could not reproduce it and it worked fine.

You can just try on your development site deactivating all other plugins and using default WordPress theme like Twenty Thirteen as displayed in the flowchart on the following page to know which theme/ plugin is conflicting if any.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

You can share me your site link by sending an email using our secure contact form on https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Select "I have a different question" from the dropdown
    - On the subject enter "Attn: Vinod Dalvi".
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better
    - Include a link to your website

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there,

I did a test using 2 separate computers here but could not replicate it on my lab site. As if it were the cookie, I should have seen some products in my anonymous cart.

First thing I notice is that you are using WordPress 3.5.2 which is a very old version and its advisable to update it to the latest version of both MarketPress and WordPress multisite so that we can ensure its not being caused due to an old WordPress Version

Can you please advise once you have done that ?

Standing by for your response.

Cheers, PC

• localdirect
    • Flash Drive

Hi there

Updating is not straightforward at the moment and we're not convinced here it would even help - hence a slight reluctance to do a core update at this time. Its just a little tricky as we have 5000 sites or so in this network so there's always a risk of it doing more harm than good and would therefore want to do the update in a more thorough/controlled fashion in our own time. We also have about 5 hours of tutorials all based around the old dashboard so updating these to the MP6 style dashboard is a big job in itself that I scarcely have time for at the moment.

That said, you should be able to replicate the issue at the link i sent to Vinod via email. We've had 5 people able to replicate the issue very easily. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about how to replicate the problem

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there localdirect,

Sorry for the delay, I had been away and could not get back to this any sooner.

Any update regarding replicating the issue?

As I said before

I did a test using 2 separate computers here but could not replicate it on my lab site. As if it were the cookie, I should have seen some products in my anonymous cart.

I did the test using the same steps you mentioned in your email but could not replicate the issue.

Is that possible for you to create a new test site and then we can test on that to replicate the error ?

Unfortunately we can not even call our lead developer unless we are running the latest version so if you can not update, we will need to create a new lab site to test it out.

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.