I'm using Membership 2 Pro and Buddy Press. The site needs

I'm using Membership 2 Pro and Buddy Press. The site needs to be run on a manual basis whereby only Admins manually create accounts form the Admin dashboard only.

Eg, If visitors to the site currently try to access protected content, a form comes up with registeration options. I don't want the form to show or any register link to work.

We don't want people to be able to register for the site as it's a closed membership group. Can you tell me the settings I need to use to achieve this please?

Thanks
Simon

• Sajid

Hi @Simon

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

To disable membership 2 registration you only have to add the following line in functions.php file of your child theme. This will disable the registration option of plugin.

add_filter('ms_frontend_handle_registration', '__return_false');

You can also make each membership private so no one can signup from frontend.

To disable BuddyPress registration completely I found a following resolved topic on BP forum that would help you too.
    https://buddypress.org/support/topic/disabling-bp-registration/

This will revert to default WP registration. Now don't forget to disable registration from Admin > Settings > General > Membership.

Hope that helps :slight_smile: or feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance.

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.