I'm wondering when

I'm wondering when you're going to make your plugin PHP 7 compatible? I'd hate to have to end my subscription but the performance increase from PHP 7 is just too good to overlook.
FILE: /nas/content/live/felling/wp-content/plugins/wpmudev-updates/template/support-system.php
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOUND 1 ERROR AND 4 WARNINGS AFFECTING 5 LINES
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
77 | ERROR | Extension 'mysql_' is deprecated since PHP 5.5 and removed since PHP 7.0 - use mysqli instead.
313 | WARNING | Function name "__render_list" is discouraged; PHP has reserved all method names with a double underscore prefix for future use
334 | WARNING | Function name "__error_reporting" is discouraged; PHP has reserved all method names with a double underscore prefix for future use
376 | WARNING | Function name "__value_format" is discouraged; PHP has reserved all method names with a double underscore prefix for future use
390 | WARNING | Function name "__const_format" is discouraged; PHP has reserved all method names with a double underscore prefix for future use

• Rupok

Hi Steve,

Are you checking with this plugin? https://wordpress.org/plugins/php-compatibility-checker/

If yes, then probably this is giving you false alarm. Let me describe.

Our plugins have backward compatibility code so it works with previous or older versions of PHP too. We have to still work for older versions of php where users don't have the updated PHP functions. Our plugins will use the newer methods if available and will not cause any error in php7.

That scanner cannot differentiate backwards compatible code, that's why it will throw false alarms for a great many popular plugins including these two.

And check the report again, the functions it mentioned are discouraged, but not deprecated. That means, they won't create any fatal error in PHP 7. And compatibility checkers don't normally process code. They typically scan text for a list of function references that may be at risk. Therefore its possible for false positives to occur. So I believe, you can ignore these for now.

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.