I'm wondering whether you have any plugins that can help me...

I've recently installed WPMU DEV and am in the process of updating my site so that it only uses your plugins. I'm wondering if you have any existing plugins that can help me with the following, or how I go about requesting features for existing / new plugins:

* Adding customisable options for user registration (ie. I need families to be able to list the names and classrooms of their children when they sign up so that I can create categories and membership rules related to their children's names).

* In pre-sale discussions, I mentioned that I need some way to add custom options to the Add New Posts page - specifically, I need to be able to add in copyrighted information which my users can select to include on their own posts. I'm thinking if there's a way I can add in all the information which users can select, and users can have a series of check boxes on the Add New Posts page (ideally below the text box) which, when checked, will publish the selected snippets at the bottom of their posts, that would be awesome. Is it possible for someone to look into this for me?

One final question, relating to Subscriptions / Membership:

My users will be able to see selected categories based on their membership levels. I'm wondering if your Subscriptions plugin will share posts from all categories with all users, or if users will only see posts from categories that they have been given authority to view through the Membership plugin.

Thanks heaps in advance. I'm loving the simplicity and clean styling of your plugins so far, and am excited about sharing the updated sites with my clients.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Toni,

Hope you're doing well this weekend and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!!

Adding customisable options for user registration (ie. I need families to be able to list the names and classrooms of their children when they sign up so that I can create categories and membership rules related to their children's names).

For this you can actually just use BuddyPress and it's extended profiles feature. It may seem like a big plugin for a small feature; however, you can turn off all of the components except the extended profiles, which allows you to add new fields to the sign up and you can also mark them as required or not.

You can also use a plugin like Gravity Forms and it's user registration add-on for this.

I mentioned that I need some way to add custom options to the Add New Posts page - specifically, I need to be able to add in copyrighted information which my users can select to include on their own posts. I'm thinking if there's a way I can add in all the information which users can select, and users can have a series of check boxes on the Add New Posts page (ideally below the text box) which, when checked, will publish the selected snippets at the bottom of their posts, that would be awesome. Is it possible for someone to look into this for me?

If I'm understanding this correctly, it should be possible with our CustomPress plugin, it allows you to create custom fields that you can use in your post types.

Are you wanting to place a checkbox that when checked it puts content into the page or have a text field where when filled out it will show up on a specific part of the page?

My users will be able to see selected categories based on their membership levels. I'm wondering if your Subscriptions plugin will share posts from all categories with all users, or if users will only see posts from categories that they have been given authority to view through the Membership plugin.

If a user is protected from a certain category then they won't see any of the posts in that category either. They will be stripped out of the blog page, recent posts, etc.

Hope that helps Toni!

Look forward to hearing back :slight_smile: Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.