Image Alt Text for Images not in Media Folder

Hi,

How do I add image alt text for images that aren't in the Media folder? I've installed a plugin, Ninja Popups, which imports loads of images, only a few of which I use. However they're stored in /wp-content/uploads/ninja-popups/ and just as an image file.

Images in the Media folder allow you to add Alt Text. Images in Ninja Popups are treated as any other file I guess. It could be a PDF or Word doc etc.

I feel if I was to move them from /ninja-popups/ to /content/uploads/2016/08/ for example then the plugin wouldn't be able to find them - and I'm not a coder so not keen on fiddling with php.

Thanks in advance.

Robin

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Robin,

By Ninja Popups you mean this plugin http://demo.arscode.pro/ninja-popups/ and images in background of the popups?
    If yes, there is no way to add alt to those images because they are used as backgrounds set in CSS thus they are not image elements on site (< img /> tag is not used to insert them to popup) - so ALT does not apply to them.

But if you mean other images in those popups I cannot say more because this is paid plugin and I don't have access to it to check. Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,
    Kasia

• robin42
    • Flash Drive

Thank you so much Kasia for your prompt reply. Yes, that's the right plugin.

I think that's solved my problem then. At least identified it. When I add an image I in fact choose the location and by default they are in the /ninja-popups/ folder. I guess they don't have to be in there and I can move them to Media.

I'll try that and get back to you if it doesn't work.

Many thanks.

Robin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.