Image cannot be arranged or resized in Upfront Builder

Hello guys!
I am building my website on Upfront, from a fresh WordPress installation.
After you insert an image, is imposible to resize it or arrange it thge way you want.

The builder allows you to insert it, but it doesn't allow you to resize it. The browser blocks and you have to shut it down from Task Manager.

I already tried Chrome, Mozilla, Opera, IE and even Edge.

This doesn't happen on Upfront Starter Themes (cause I am already working on another website where I use Spirit), seems that only happens on Upfront new theme.
Can you please help me?

Additionally, till the issue is solved, can you please tell me how I could insert images via coda, and also give them another size and center them?

For refference my website is littlerenard.com and the images I am trying to resize are on the front page. I need them a little smaller. If I cannot use Upfront for that, maybe I can get them smaller by code and keep the design (images centered above the text)

Thank you!
(access to website granted)

• Dimitris

Hey there Alexandru,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

I just went ahead and inspected your website and I noticed that there's a error 500 in dev tools every time the Builder is starting up. As this is a generic message, we should use some debug information that might get useful for us, but first let's try couple of things.

Could you please access your server through FTP, edit the wp-config.php file and add the following line just before the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment.
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');
    Reference: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

If this persists, again in wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /*That’s it! Stop editing… */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the error, meaning that you trigger the Builder once more. By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created. Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply.

In general now, here's how you should be able to edit an image in Builder. I can confirm that this is working in my test installation.

On another note, all images that you inserted seems to be unavailable, leading to 404 (not found) errors. Could you please confirm that these haven't been deleted, and if so, re-upload them?

Also, please keep in mind to use a Google API key as it's needed for the "Map" element, but throws errors in Builder even if you don't use it currently, as it has to be rendered there in order to be "ready for use" each time you start the Builder. :wink:

Finally, there isn't any mean to "integrate" Coda with UF. All of your images should be imported from the native WP library (the same uses UF Builder too). You can change image dimensions either from the native Media Library (just try to "edit" an image) or before uploading using an image tool.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.