Image Compression: Hummingbird give WP Smush bad grades

Hello, Google Pagespeed Tools is giving my website a bad grade and says I need to compress my images. I have both WP Smush Pro and Hummingbird installed. WP Smush says that all of my images are compressed but Hummingbird agrees with Google that I need to compress my images. Please advise and thanks in advance.

• Luís

Hi Jason ,

Hope you're doing well today!

I give a look at your website and seems that you already solved the issue. Your grade to the "Optimize images" section is much better.

You just have one recommendation in this section and it mentions "Compressing and resizing". This means that your theme is not using the proper thumbnail size and it's resizing the image, what is a bad pratice:

As you can check in the above screenshot, the theme is using an image with 500x176px and resizing it via CSS to 250x88px.

In this case I think you can easily fix this issue downloading the image, resizing it using and image editor like Photoshop or Gimp to the proper size (250x88px) and then, re-uploading the image again.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís