Image gallery popup customization

When I click an image in an image gallery, I would like to customize the lightbox popup to show the image bigger on the left hand side of the popup with a title, description and maybe button or links to the right hand side of the image. Plus have previous and next arrows on the left and right of the lightbox. Is there a way I can customize the existing built-in gallery for Spirit or is there a plugin I can use? Hopefully this explanation of what I am wanting makes sense!

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there @Gwindylyn,

How are you doing today?

Editing lightbox would require custom coding so this is unfortunately not possible out of a box. Gallery element lightbox does have the arrows when opened so you can navigate between images and you can also add captions to the thumbnails but not to the lightbox itself as you're looking to do.

With the above being said I can see that you already have Huge IT Image Gallery plugin and that setup on your Services page.

Please let me know if you have any other questions :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Gwindylyn
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Unfortunately, the Huge IT Gallery plugin makes it so I cannot edit my Services page. The design is a bit clunky and not exactly what I am wanting so I was just wondering if there was an easier way to accomplish what I wanted. I saw you offer a Popup plugin but I was not sure if that would work.

Thanks for the info!

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @Gwindylyn,

PopUp plugin can be triggered when clicked on a link with specific class or ID but I don't think this would be a good solution as you wouldn't be able to open previous/next images and also you'd have to create popup for each of the images. I did try few gallery and custom lightbox plugins but they all missed some of the functionalities you're looking to have.

If you need to customize this then I'd suggest posting a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Best regards,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.