Image in a page comes up without handles

To resize an image in page or post, you simply click on it and the image handles come up. These handles enables you to resize the image. However, I am not getting the image handle. When I select the image I am getting the whole image highlighted with any handles so I can’t resize it. The only way to resize it is to go into media library and play around with the width and height. Can you please tell me what setting needs to be turned in order to get the image selection back to it’s original state. Please help me.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings vanavah,

Thank you for the question.

In order to clarify what you are referring to as handles, I have made a screen shot below and the red circles are around what we are referring to?

Can you please supply a screen shot as well?

Let me know

Cheers, Joe

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @vanavah, I hope you’re well today!

I tested this on a vanilla WordPress installation and I didn’t get the image resizing “handles”. However you can click on top-left icon that appears when you hover over the image to resize it.

I suppose they must have changed something in recent versions of WordPress that removed this…

Cheers,

Ari.

• vanavah
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

What is vanilla WordPress? What is the difference between this an WordPress 3.5.1 which is what I have? I know that you can resize with the left icon but that is too much trouble as it do not have a contraint proportion and requires too much trial so as to get the right size. Is there anything that I can disable to install that would bring back the handles.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings vanavah,

Just touching base with you to see where we are with this item and if you now have a solution or it is resolved.

Otherwise it is possible that this ticket could get away from us falling into the ticket system abyss.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.