Image Optimisation

Hi there! I am paying for image optimisation via Smush Pro, but when I run a Google page speed test on my site, it still recommends the following images need a image plugin to optimise them: background2.jpg, test-slide-anita.jpg, background-clouds-2.jpg. I am just wondering why these images aren't optimised via Smush?? And if this can be fixed :smiley:
I am also considering swapping my server across to WPMU. What info do you have on this, and how do I make sure its a stable server? Ta

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Anita,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

I checked the speed results and the issue with the images seems to be that your site is using images that are larger than their actual HTML holder and Google doesn't like that.
    You can go to Smush > CDN panel and in there enable Smush CDN as well as Auto-Resize and WebP format options, this will use our CDN to serve correctly sized images, that match their holder, and it will also serve images in WebP format which will take care of "Serve images in next-gen formats" report in speed test.

I wanted to check your setting but support access is throwing me an error, so if the above suggestions don't do the trick can you please revoke the access and grant it again so we can have a closer look at this.

I am also considering swapping my server across to WPMU. What info do you have on this, and how do I make sure its a stable server? Ta

You can find more information about our hosting here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/hosting/
    And as a part of your WPMU DEV account you can create 3 sites on the Bronze plan so feel free to do that and test it out to see if it suits you or let us know if you have any additional questions about it.
    P.S. It would be best to open new ticket for any hosting questions you may have so we can have this for your image problem and make sure to avoid any confusion :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.