Image Optimization issues

I have read the article on image optimizations, but still, I can't get my images optimized. I followed all the steps. Please help?

• James Morris

Hello Sander,

In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site and server?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello Sander,

After taking a look at your site and the Hummingbird report, it appears most of your issues are with configuration and image selection.

First, in your WP Admin -> Media -> WP Smush settings, I'm seeing that you do not have Convert PNG to JPEG (lossy) enabled. If your site has PNGs without transparencies, this can significantly improve performance.

See:

Second, after inspecting the rendered HTML of your site, I'm seeing a large number of images that are being resized to a dimension that is smaller than their natural size. For example, in the following screenshot, the natural size of the image is 1122x472px, but the rendered size is 212x89px. This will cause Hummingbird to report that your images are not optimized because you are using an image that is significantly larger than what is required for the page.

See:

What you will need to do is edit the page and select a different thumbnail size from the WordPress Media Editor. Try to get as close to the actual rendered image size as possible. If there is no thumbnail option that is close to the desired size, you may need to download and resize your images manually.

Doing these 2 things should significantly improve your image score in Hummingbird, and therefore GTMetrix and Google PageSpeed.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris