Image Resizing and WebP conversions without CDN.

We just upgraded to Smush Pro and have been having issues with images not loading. This only occurs when we activate the CDN setting.

Are we able to utilize WebP image serving and images resizing without using the CDN? We host our website ourselves and our server is faster than the CDN.

We also have an issue with lazy loading and background images. That have parallax turned on. The images will appear outside their area.

If you look at the bottom of the page where the contact field is, you can see it. The image is cut off about halfway up and replaced by a plain gray area. Please check and help.

• Nebu John
    • Staff

Hello Kuusoft Marketing,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for reaching out to us!

I am afraid, it will not be possible to utilize WebP image serving and images resizing without using the CDN. It is supposed to work with CDN and we do not have any workarounds for this.

Could you please grant support staff access so that we could give a closer look into the other issues you have mentioned? You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please let us know once you enable access so that we could get this sorted.

Kind Regards,

Nebu John

• Nebu John
    • Staff

Hi Kuusoft Marketing,

We also have an issue with lazy loading and background images. That have parallax turned on. The images will appear outside their area.
    If you look at the bottom of the page where the contact field is, you can see it. The image is cut off about halfway up and replaced by a plain gray area. Please check and help.

I was able to see this issue on your site. However, this happens randomly and was not able to replicate in my lab site. This issue is site specific and can be caused by a plugin conflict.

Just to make sure no other plugin is causing this, can you please do a plugin conflict test? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

We also were having an additional issue with the logo of our main site http://www.kuusoft.com not loading (just the alt text appearing) when we had all options enabled. The NexSigns logo image did not appear also (see areas circled in red in the attached screen shot).

I tried to replicate this issue enabling every option in Smush Dashboard and Settings page, but the result was negative. Can you provide us with the exact steps to replicate this issue?

Moreover, I can see that many of the plugins that are used in your site have new updates. I appreciate if you could update your plugins to the latest version since there is a chance for these issues have a fix already.

Kind Regards,

Nebu John

• Kuusoft Marketing
    • New Recruit

Hello Nebu,

I was able to see this issue on your site. However, this happens randomly and was not able to replicate in my lab site. This issue is site specific and can be caused by a plugin conflict.

This happens routinely for any image we set to parallax aside from the one on nexsigns.com. Currently it is happening for

I tried to replicate this issue enabling every option in Smush Dashboard and Settings page, but the result was negative. Can you provide us with the exact steps to replicate this issue?

When I enable the CDN settings the logo and the images on kuusoft.com do disappear (see attached image). Once I disable it, the images reappear. The steps taken are simply turning on the CDN in Network Settings and then checking that page.

3. One other area we are having an issue with lazy loading galleries. The gallery will shuffle and overlap when enabled with lazy load. We currently are blocking this lazy loading in Smush for all classes and IDs with ".lae-image". You can see the galleries here, if you want to check: https://www.kuusoft.com/nexsigns/digital-menu-boards-quick-service-restaurants/

https://www.kuusoft.com/nexsigns/optometry-digital-signage/

• Nebu John
    • Staff

Hi there,

1. This happens routinely for any image we set to parallax aside from the one on nexsigns.com. Currently it is happening for

Can you check if lazyload is implemented by any other plugins or theme that is used in the site? If so, excluding the page in Smush Lazyload should be fine. You can do this from Dashboard >> Smush Pro >> Lazy Load >> Include / Exclude >> Post, Pages & URLs.

On further troubleshooting I updated Smush API status from Dashboard >> Smush Pro >> Settings >> API Status. And then cleared Autoptimize cache. This fixed the issues 2 and 3, please check this from your end.

Kind Regards,

Nebu John

• Nebu John
    • Staff

Hi there,

1. Smush is our only lazy load tool. I couldn't find anything else providing this service.

Lazyload can also be enabled inbuilt by plugins, or theme side. However, I am checking with this our developer. Meanwhile, you may consider using the previously mentioned workaround to ensure the page loads fine.

2 and 3. I follow your instructions (updated smush API and cleared Autoptimize cache), but it did not work on our site.

It’s odd, I could see this issue is still there. Would it be possible to create a staging environment and provide access to us? Let us know if this is possible and we will provide you a safe way to share access details with us.

By staging environment, I mean an exact and complete copy of live installation into another location/folder in the same server, using a separate database. This will be a safe place to further troubleshoot, as long as FTP access can be provided.

Kind Regards,

Nebu John

• Nebu John
    • Staff

Hi there,

It will be hard to troubleshoot this issue without access as we were unable to replicate this issue in our lab site. However, could you enable debug mode and check if there is any error? To enable debug mode please go to wp-config.php and change

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

to

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Now replicate the issue. That will create a file called debug.log inside the wp-content folder. Open that file, check the very bottom and you will see the latest errors. Please send me those.

Kind Regards,

Nebu John

• Nebu John
    • Staff

Hi there,

WP_DEBUG won’t solve anything, it will just log any debug information into a file, that could reveal something.

If not in the same server, will it be possible for you to create a staging environment in another server so that we can further troubleshoot this issue?

Kind Regards,

Nebu John

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.