Image Score Still Low After Smush Pro

I've used smush and our score is still really low. Wondering if there is something I am doing wrong or if someone can look into this and/or other site speed issues we are having. Thank you.

• Luís

Hi Rooted ,

Hope you're doing well today!

I give a look into your website and let me pick the suggestions given by Hummingbird:

1) The first block of suggestions, is related to the full-size images. When you upload an image, WordPress crops and resizes every image, creating different versions of the image (thumbnails). By default, Smush Pro only compresses these thumbnails, not the original full-size images.

You should remove these suggestions, enabling the "Include my original full-size images " option in the Smush settings (Media -> WP Smush). However, this doesn’t usually improve the page speed, only saves space on your server.

2) In the second block of suggestions, Hummingbird mentions "Compressing and Resizing". Looking for your homepage, these two images are being resized via HTML.

You are using a thumbnail with 393x128px and resizing it via HTML to 110x35px.

This is a bad pratice and should use a thumbnail with the proper size (110x35px) instead of resize it.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.