Image size in WP Gallery

How do I get images to show up in full size on WordPress gallery. Images should be in proportion and fill up the post

After reading on Google, this is what I have tried...

I have set all size to 0 in setting > Media and uncheck "Crop thumbnail to..."

I have also added following code to the themes function.php

----------
function wpmayor_filter_image_sizes( $sizes) {

unset( $sizes['medium']);
unset( $sizes['large']);
unset( $sizes['wysija-newsletters-max']);

return $sizes;
}
add_filter('intermediate_image_sizes_advanced', 'wpmayor_filter_image_sizes');

function wpmayor_custom_image_sizes($sizes) {
$myimgsizes = array(
"image-in-post" => __( "Image in Post" ),
"full" => __( "Original size" )
);
return $myimgsizes;
}
add_filter('image_size_names_choose', 'wpmayor_custom_image_sizes');
----------

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi WebAlvarez, how are you doing today?

If I understood your query properly, we are talking about native WordPress Gallery, right? And instead of cropped thumbnails, you are willing to show full size images in Gallery?

Well, the codes you have added in your functions.php do something related to this, but not exactly what you are looking for. The first code blocks unsets all sizes, that means, there will be no other thumbnail size except full size. And the second code pushes original size image to be used in posts. But there is a better and easy way for showing full size images in WordPress Gallery. When you are creating a gallery, after selecting the images from media popup, you can select what image size to load for Gallery Images. I've created a screencast to show you the process: http://take.ms/2R9ZF

Please let us know if this is not exactly what you want. We will be glad to assist further to help you achieve your target.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello WebAlvarez,

It looks like you are using Jetpack and it treats images in galleries differently - it serves sizes made dynamically, so if you want to change default WordPress gallery you need to use it and drop the JetPack. Or try changing cols count - because this is reason why the images are smaller - they have to fit cols. If you will have one column image will be bigger.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.