Image Slider on Home Page

I'm using the Membership plugin to sign people up for a Directory service. I'm using a Genesis Theme and the Genesis Image Slider to rotate images on my homepage. However, Membership isn't displaying the slider images for site visitors. You must be logged in to see the slider images.

The slider system is using the featured image of specific pages to pull in the images. The pages are accessible to visitors, so it makes sense to me that the featured images would also be available.

Additionally, the slider image that tries to display, is not for a page that I want to display. It's for the auto-generated Subscriptions page.

The site can be found online here: http://attorneys.us

Thanks for your help!

• Troy
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I'm using the most recent version of this plugin:
    http://www.studiopress.com/plugins/genesis-slider

It uses the "Featured Image" functionality of Wordpress.

I'm using Wordpress version 3.4.1 and Memberships versions 3.2.1.

I'm using the latest version of the theme. If I turn off the Membership plugin or login to my website, the slider works correctly. If the Membership plugin is turned on or I'm logged out, the slider is busted.

• Troy

Thank you. I tried changing the protection method from basic to complete and from complete to hybrid. I saved each time, cleared my cache in another browser and refreshed. However that didn't resolve it.

I also tried removing the "default" from the protected groups. That didn't work either.

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Goodday @troycdunn

I know that @Timothy is helping you with this, but since I'm also a Genesis user, I thought I'd throw this your way. Personally, I despise the Genesis Slider. I know that's blasphemy in the StudioPress world, but I've just found that Meteor Slider is soooooo much more functional for most of my applications. It's highly configurable and so far I've had no conflicts with anything else.

Thought I'd throw that your way so you might want to try it. If it works and meets your needs it might save you a lot of troubleshooting time with the Genesis Slider.

Take care.

James Dunn
    Athens, GA USA

• Troy

Thanks again James!

I haven't had any issues with the Genesis Responsive Slider before this but I figured I would try Meteor while I was waiting for Tim.

And it works. Not sure what the permission issues are with Genesis. Don't care. I just need it working.

Thanks for the tip and Tim, I'm not going to need any help with this after all. Thanks everyone!

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey @troycdunn

Glad that worked out for you. I've used several sliders in the past, but Meteor Slider has become my "go to" slider for most applications. If I can't get it to work in Meteor, then I start hunting other options. But, so far, I've not had to hunt - just install Meteor, set it up, and walk away happy.

James Dunn
    Athens, GA USA

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.