image smushing plugin not sumushing

Hi,

we have recently installed the plugin, and we did a bulk smushing. But it seems the images have not been smushed, according to what google speed test says.

Shall we do anything else?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @david,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

First thing is to check whether the google is complaining about image resolution, this is not something that smushing changes, you will still have same image resolution after smushing.

Another thing you can check is whether your reported images are original images or thumbnails, if it's original images you would want to enable Smush Original Image option in media WP Smush panel.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• david

Thank you for your answer Pedrag.

Aparently our images are on 72ppp resolution, so they are not resized in the web view, it uses the original pixel size. I don't know if that's what you mean by resolution.

And we have done the bulk smushing after having checked the Smush Original Image option.

In fact, the Smush stats for the images say that they have been smushed, so it is only a matter of google speed test... or I don't know...

David

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello David,

I hope you're having a nice day!

Is that your ADQA site that we're referring here to? I took a liberty of checking it with PageSpeed Insights myself and the apart from a single image, the issue here doesn't seem to be related to image smushing.

Google shows that there are some images that should be optimized but those images are mostly images that are part of the site's theme. WP Smush Pro plugin doesn't affect those because it's working only with Media Library (and now also NextGen Gallery content).

That said, those images are not reported by PageSpeed Insights. The only one that is must either had not been smushed yet or it is probably just a matter of cache. All other images (those of your theme) should be optimized other way, e.g. manually with some image manipulation program.

I hope that helps! Let me know please in case I'm missing anything here (e.g. you were referring to other site of yours).

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.