Image upload fails in Activity Plus

I cannot upload images on craftsinstyle.com. Getting an error message "Failed!" I have it working perfectly on my other site paidinstyle.com
See Attached Message.

• mirajestudios
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have to agree. Contact your web host. Make sure your site is not any any mod rewrite rules, on a shared server. If you are hitting this rules. Only your webhost company can adjust it for you on a shared sever. I work at a web host company. I see it happens all the time. Usually, sometimes, your theme or plugin can cause it to happen. I would start there! It's worth a try! Good Luck

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again, as mirajestudios kindly mentioned contacting your host can actually solve many issues. Servers can be configured so differently depending on the Os and other software on there.

But still I advised you to contact them about your error_log so we can see if anything is going on there. If there are errors it can point us in the right direction.

You can also double check all file and folder permissions.

Let us know how you get on.

• paidinstyle
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Ok, this is the error log:
    This is the what I could find in the error log regarding this:
    [05-Jun-2012 12:47:40] PHP Fatal error: Class 'WP_Widget' not found in /hsphere/local/home/fashionpenny/craftsinstyle.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_widget_facepile.php on line 6
    [05-Jun-2012 18:25:40] PHP Warning: require_once(WDFB_PLUGIN_BASE_DIR/lib/external/class_wd_contextual_help.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/fashionpenny/craftsinstyle.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_admin_help.php on line 10
    [05-Jun-2012 18:25:40] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'WDFB_PLUGIN_BASE_DIR/lib/external/class_wd_contextual_help.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:hsphere/shared/apache/libexec/php5ext/php/') in /hsphere/local/home/fashionpenny/craftsinstyle.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_admin_help.php on line 10
    [05-Jun-2012 19:22:12] PHP Fatal error: Class 'WP_Widget' not found in /hsphere/local/home/fashionpenny/craftsinstyle.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_widget_events.php on line 5
    [05-Jun-2012 20:27:55] PHP Fatal error: Class 'WP_Widget' not found in /hsphere/local/home/fashionpenny/craftsinstyle.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_widget_facepile.php on line 6
    [06-Jun-2012 01:06:35] PHP Fatal error: Class 'WP_Widget' not found in /hsphere/local/home/fashionpenny/craftsinstyle.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_widget_albums.php on line 5
    [06-Jun-2012 01:53:30] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_action() in /hsphere/local/home/fashionpenny/craftsinstyle.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-post-votes/wpmu-dev-post-votes.php on line 31
    [06-Jun-2012 02:06:40] PHP Warning: require_once(WDFB_PLUGIN_BASE_DIR/lib/external/class_wd_contextual_help.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/fashionpenny/craftsinstyle.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_admin_help.php on line 10
    [06-Jun-2012 02:06:40] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'WDFB_PLUGIN_BASE_DIR/lib/external/class_wd_contextual_help.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:hsphere/shared/apache/libexec/php5ext/php/') in /hsphere/local/home/fashionpenny/craftsinstyle.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_admin_help.php on line 10
    [06-Jun-2012 02:29:49] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_multisite() in /hsphere/local/home/fashionpenny/craftsinstyle.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-post-votes/lib/wdpv_template_tags.php on line 87
    [06-Jun-2012 02:43:02] PHP Fatal error: Class 'WP_Widget' not found in /hsphere/local/home/fashionpenny/craftsinstyle.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-post-votes/lib/class_wpdv_widget_voting.php on line 5
    [06-Jun-2012 02:46:27] PHP Fatal error: Class 'WP_Widget' not found in /hsphere/local/home/fashionpenny/craftsinstyle.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-post-votes/lib/class_wpdv_widget_popular.php on line 5
    [06-Jun-2012 02:59:35] PHP Fatal error: Class 'WP_Widget' not found in /hsphere/local/home/fashionpenny/craftsinstyle.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-post-votes/lib/class_wpdv_widget_network_popular.php on line 5

• paidinstyle
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I also asked the host about changing settings and forwarded your message. This is what he is asking me:
    "No problem.What exact setting would the developer like us to change?'
    I wish I can answer this but I have no idea. Any help on that???

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Before looking to change settings lets go through some of these errors.

05-Jun-2012 12:47:40] PHP Fatal error: Class 'WP_Widget' not found in /hsphere/local/home/fashionpenny/craftsinstyle.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_widget_facepile.php on line 6

WP_Widget is a WordPress class:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Widgets_API#Developing_Widgets

[06-Jun-2012 01:53:30] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_action() in /hsphere/local/home/fashionpenny/craftsinstyle.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-post-votes/wpmu-dev-post-votes.php on line 31

add_action is also a WordPress function:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_action

So if these are undefined then something isn't right here.

I also notice some no file/directory errors.

So with that in mind can we check which WordPress version you are on? Which plugin version.

Please ensure you are up to date on both WP and plugin version.

Then use FTP or SSH to apply the correct folder permissions and file permissions recursively. If this is all foreign to you then it might be worth asking your host if they could do that. Some would be willing and some wouldn't.

Let me know how that goes first, check the error log again after if it still doesn't work.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

All your folders are 777?

That wouldn't be secure and not advisable.

Please only set the ones required for write permissions to 777.

And set recursively the rest of your WordPress install including files and folders.

The function/class missing there are WordPress ones so they should be available and defined.

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.