Images are hidden

I have a Buddypress site set up with Membership - but just realized that all of the images in my blog posts and pages are hidden or missing unless you are logged in as a member - even though those pages/posts are not restricted and are available to everyone. How do I fix this? I am pretty confused at this point.

• jenny_medford
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I only have two levels - visitors and then a membership level. I don't think I have them restricted through a rule. I don't know, I am thoroughly confused at this point. I had everything working perfectly - except then this one thing, which is a kind of important thing. :wink: I do have downloads I want to protect, but not any of my images.

The documentation for this plugin is really really confusing. It seems to be protecting anything in my wp-content/uploads directory - changing them to the masked URL. I am reading pages 28-29 in the documentation pdf, and it makes no sense.

I am not even sure what all to send you screen shots OF.

• jenny_medford

Ok, so I have a download group called Paleo - all that I have added to that group are the pdfs that I only want members to be able to download. All of my 8 million images used in the blog and page content are in None.

Attaching screenshots of my Vistors rules and my members rules (called Paleo Shift)

I have Negative rules for visitors, so that they can not download files in the Paleo download group.

I have positive rules for members (Paleo Shift) so that they can.

I just don't get why it is protecting EVERYTHING.

I would be happy to provide a temporary login if you can look at my setting to see what in the HECK I have screwed up here.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

The documentation for this plugin is really really confusing. It seems to be protecting anything in my wp-content/uploads directory - changing them to the masked URL. I am reading pages 28-29 in the documentation pdf, and it makes no sense.

What was confusing?

The wording and if so what exactly?

If you can elaborate then I l can ook into fixing that up.

I would be happy to provide a temporary login if you can look at my setting to see what in the HECK I have screwed up here.

I was just testing this and couldn't replicated on my install.

Can you give me access?

If so then send in the following:

- Include a link to this thread
    - Mark it to my attention
    - FTP access
    - Admin/Network access - Ensure I have Membership admin access
    - Include example links to the front end where this happens.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks.

• jenny_medford

Sorry, for some reason I am not being notified of replies even though I set it to notify me, so I didn't know there was an answer.
    For the documentation - a step by step guide to how you protect media. Like 1. Create a group like this, 2. Do this, 3. Upload image and do this. The documentation has a lot of assumption that one knows what they are doing, and as a first time user of Membership, I found it confusing. I spent years writing software manuals, and I hated every minute of it - but anyway, I know it is hard to know how dumbed down to make it - but I feel pretty dumb right now. :wink:

I will get you the other stuff above.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

a step by step guide to how you protect media. Like 1. Create a group like this, 2. Do this, 3. Upload image and do this. The documentation has a lot of assumption that one knows what they are doing, and as a first time user of Membership

I'll take that feedback on board.

The documents were written by a first time user of the plugin. I wrote them the first time I used it. (blame me for the bad spellings/grammar)

Anyway, I'll see if I can reword parts to make it easier. :slight_smile:

I've just dropped you an email for you to test an update.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.