images / content not showing

Ok I am sure this is a simple fix but, I cant seem to figure it on my own.

I am using current versions of WP and BP.

I installed the membership plug in and added what I thought were two access levels and one subscription.

What I am after is to have visitors see have the articles to include the images and than after the more tag see custom text with the link to register on the site to open things up. Looks like I have that but on the posts I added after the plug in the images don’t show up.

Once registered for the site they should see everything but, I have users on the site who can’t see stuff either.

Seems like two steps –

Register for the site and then join the subscription to see everything.

Is that how this is suppose to work?

Remember , I have buddy press as well which I read on here was causing issues with the multiple registration pages. I turned the BP page off and thought I had the membership one on. Maybe I messed that up somehow.

The site is located at – wp.allwedo.com

Here is a link to one of the articles which the image doesn’t show up. And if you are thinking I clicked hide I left that as none.

http://wp.allwedo.com/roof-ripped-from-barn/

As usual, that you for your help and support.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi again JOE !

I’m not quite sure if I totally get what you’re going for but I’ll see what I can offer :slight_smile:

You will only need to set Access Levels for the visitor subscription, once they subscribe (if you want them to see everything) they don’t need any access restrictions.

I would need to see your settings to say if there is something missing or not.

You should turn Buddypress Registration off, or set the page to none, as well as turn of WP registration in your Dashboard>Settings.

Are your images only not showing to visitors? You should check that on Members>Options>General Options>Stranger Settings you have something set besides None. The None settings will leave your visitors with no access.

Best,

Kimberly

• JOE KARL
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Kimberly,

I checked the stranger setting and it is set to Visitors right now. Under the visitor access level I have to rules set –

can not read content after the more tag

can not post comments

The goal is to have visitors see some of the comment and then have to register on the site to get access to all or most content as part of subscribing to the newspaper itself.

I do have BP turned off.

For WP, I see under settings general the membership box checked for anyone can register. Are you saying uncheck that?

Here is a page for you –

http://wp.allwedo.com/roof-ripped-from-barn/

As a visitor to the site the image does not show.

I have a non admin account on the site which is set to subscriber in WP which also show no images.

As admin I can see the images.

It seems like everything is good to go for settings but surely I am missing something. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks for your help and support.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JOE KARL,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.