Images Display Issue with BuddyPress Activity+ Plugin

The images added by the members of the site appear rotated in the /activity section, more details and screenshots are in the chat

Dimitris

Hey there Mikkel,

hope you're doing good today!

This is happening because of the settings coming from Settings -> Activity plus admin page.

Thumbnails used in activity feed are getting resized in these maximum width and height.
    Please try to use some larger dimensions there and upload some new images.

Let me know if that makes any difference with popup rotation of images too, as I was unable to reproduce this so far.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Mikkel

Hi again,

Actually it just seems like that pictures will show up correctly now.

What i did was to resize the image, so the height was set to 1900 pixel. After this i saved the picture and try to upload again and this time is shows up correctly.

So how can i be sure that users don't upload pictures bigger than 1900 px in height? There is no why, so WP Smush can resize these images?

Best regards,

Predrag Dubajic

Hi Mikkel,

I did some tests with your images and it looks like we were looking at the issue in the wrong way.
    Your original image is actually not rotated properly in the first place and the thumbnail is rotated in different way on your site.
    Since lightbox opens the full image it will show like it's rotated.

However when I test this on my installation, with different BPA+ settings, image is not getting rotated on upload and it will show in proper way with both thumbnail and lightbox view.

It looks like there's something specific on your installation that rotates images on upload and you should check with default WP theme and with your other plugins disabled if anything from there is causing this.

So how can i be sure that users don't upload pictures bigger than 1900 px in height? There is no why, so WP Smush can resize these images?

I'm afraid that there's currently no way to make this limitation without some custom coding since BPA+ uses front end image upload and places images in separate folder so Smush can't catch it and resize it during the upload process.

For now you can periodically do the Directory Smush of wp-content/uploads/bpfb/ folder in order to get resize and optimize the images uploaded by your users.

Best regards,
    Predrag