images for showcase theme

I just chose the showcase theme, but I can't figure out how to put the images in for the home page slideshow. Is there a video or guide that helps new users with regard to the showcase theme specifically. thanks

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya!

Once Showcase is activated a new menu item is added inside wp-admin (normally at the bottom) called showcase. Clicking this link will allow you to setup all the theme options. The bottom section labeled '3d slider images' will allow you to add your image URL, title, and location. You can upload the images through the default media uploader.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

• jlhiatt7
    • Flash Drive

mason-

thanks for the reply... - I uploaded an image in the media library, called "san-diego", it is unattached (maybe that is the issue?).

I then clicked on showcase and left image location blank and typed in "san-diego.jpg" for Image 1, but it does not seem to load. I left image location blank, because I thought it was in the media library.

gracias-

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

You'll need to copy the directory into the 'Images Location' field. Something like this:
    http://domain.comwp-content/uploads/

Then the individual images will require the unique bits, like this:
    2011/10/san-diego.jpg

The way to find this information is to go to your Media and click the edit or view link for that image. It will give you the full link to the image. You'll then separate the URL as I have above.

Hope that helps!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.