Images missing after running Smush Pro

I installed Smush PRO on my website https://he****nn.com/ and smushed images. Since then I cannot see the images on my site.
When I go to Media Gallery, I can see the images in the list but cannot preview them or load them using permalinks.

Please assist at the earliest.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Elena,

I had a look at your site and it seems that the original images are not located in their folders anymore, so it's also not possible to regenerate thumbnails because there's no original image to create it from.
    I also tried uploading a new image and smushing it but that didn't cause any issues and the image is still accessible.

I see that you didn't had FTP access during the chat, did you manage to get these details and could you provide them to us so we can check your files and see what happened with images?
    Either FTP or cPanel login will work, we basically need access to your site files and folder structure so we can investigate what happened.

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:
    NOTE: Don't change selected topic in the dropdown, just leave it at "I have a different question".

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Also, I see in chat that you tried restoring your backup but that didn't help and that the images were still missing.
    If the backup was created before the Smush was installed then it means something else has affected your images since backup will restore it to pre smush state.
    Having access to your files will help us determine what happened here.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Elena,

Katya provided me with the login details from your site and I had a look at your files and it seems that your uploads folder only has the images uploaded this year, none of the older folders are in there, and the image I was checking previously is from 2017 and that folder is completely gone from your site.

I had a look at the backups available on your site and tried downloading few of those to see if any of your images are there but none of them have any year folder except for 2018.

Did you at any moment change your site to or from multisite installation?
    If you did, was that sometime recent, perhaps around the time that your images started missing?
    I'm asking this because Smush can't affect or delete your entire folders of images, so something else on your site caused those folders to be removed from the site.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Elena

I didnt change anything else, you can read the conversations with support, a man yesterday morning in the chat support told me he went to try something with the smush pro, to do my imagenes more little for SEO, in a quickly way for not to have to do ir manually myself, cause my imagenes still slowed down my page despite having given the button bulk for smush. Then when it finishhed, my website was bad

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Elena,

I had a look a the previous chats now as well and I see that image compression was discussed with Oz and that he had explained to you how to perform bulk smush, and your next chat was about issues that started on your site.

When you perform bulk Smush your images are sent to our servers where the optimization is being performed and after that they are sent back to your site and they replace the non-optimized images.
    However, the issue on your site is that your media folders are completely gone, for example, your header image is supposed to be in this folder /wp-content/uploads/2017/02/ but there's no such folder on your site, there's only /wp-content/uploads/2018/ folder and none of the older ones are there.

Smush doesn't have the capability to remove these folders, so something else have caused this on your site I'm afraid.

and I can´t understand why if I do back up it doesn´t give me my website exactly as I had yesterday morning.

I now had another look at your backups and noticed something that might be related here, when I unziped the backup and checked the inside folder there was one folder that seemed like a backup and another zip file.
    In that folder there was 2018 folder with your uploads.
    But when I unzipped that other file then there were old files in there.
    Now, I'm not sure what backup solution you are using, how it works and why it has these separate folders and zip inside a zip, but the thing is that not each backup has this structure.
    So it's possible that the backups are corrupted for some reason and when you restored the one with only 2018 folder inside then your images went missing.

I would suggest to get in touch with your hosting provider to discuss this further and ask them to restore the backup for you, but make sure they restore the ZIP inside the backup ZIP and not the backup zip itself.
    For example, fw-backup-2018_11_10-03_01_50-2.0.19 when unzipped has another fw-backup-2018_11_10-03_01_10-2.0.19 zip file inside it and that other zip file contains your old images.

I hope all of this makes sense because the issue is quite unclear on its own.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Elena,

I don't have the same access as your hosting provider so that's something they should do for you and check why that happens with the backups in the first place.

At the moment you can download the backup I mentioned in my previous comment, unzip it, unzip the file inside that backup and from there upload 2015, 2016, and 2017 folders and that should restore your images.
    That would just a temp solution and proper restore after your hosting looks into it would be a better approach.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.