Images not displaying after upload

Hello,

When uploading images, only the images 'crunched' are available, the original does not display. Going directly to the file is the same results, when selecting one of the same in another size all looks good.

Has anyone else experienced this, thought maybe something with an install or related, however this repeats on a couple installs. WP is running on IIS 8 for both and this is the only issue experienced.

Would appreciate any insight, thanks

Chad

• 360sync

Hi Jack,

Much appreciate your reply:slight_smile:

When the image is uploaded, editing or inserting into the post as is sometimes works and sometimes just displays the 'x'. Have tried to see if there is a pattern of a particular style of photo or other, however can't seem to decipher why this is happening.

If I go to the server directory and use the address in a browser directly the images resized display just fine.

The images are around the 50k size.

Thanks,

Chad

• 360sync

Hi Jack,

I was just trying to establish a pattern now, when selecting the 'full size' to insert into a page/post the blank box is shown. Select another size such as thumbnail or medium and the image shows.

Seems to be something with the full size, as the gallery preview shows some and not others, while selecting an alternative size works. Gallery displaying and not displaying seems to be random, however selecting either image does work when selecting an alternative size.

Hope this helps,

Chad

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Chad,

I hope you are well today.

Many thanks for the additional information. Sorry for the delay with my reply.

Could you send me the following information please, so I can take a closer look at what is happening please.

- Mark to my attention
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and again sorry for the delay.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• 360sync

Hi Jack,

I appreciate your reply and have found something interesting.

With Azure VM's powering the site, I wanted to see if we could enable separate storage for the sites media and then enable CDN accordingly. Found a really nice plug-in developed by the Azure team and enabled.

Once the plug-in was enabled, uploading content and using the default image, along with editing worked perfectly. Therefore rounding out the end solution desired.

Azure storage solution is the way I would like to proceed and have inadvertently resolved the original question. Thought this would need to be resolved prior, however have tried this on a few sites with the same good outcome.

What's your thoughts, should we continue to see what is causing the local? The only item I could see as an issue was the local media storage. Everything else is working nicely, once Azure was switched on this resolved too.

I have upgraded your privileges to Network and if you want to take a look regardless, I'll have FTP enabled for you too.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this, thanks again for taking an interest in this, in a round about way you helped with this solution, just by mentioning 'file manager' and that triggered the thought....maybe this is just to do with local...:slight_smile:

Thank you,

Chad

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Chad (@360sync)

I hope you are well today, thank you for all the additional information.

I'm glad to hear the problem is resolved, though I believe we should still try and get to the bottom of why this is happening with the local storage.

Even though I see nothing wrong with the way you are doing it now.

If you could send me through some FTP details so I can take a closer look that would be fantastic.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• 360sync

Hi Jack,

It's been a fine day here:slight_smile:

Yes, wp-super-cache is being used however the upload was the same prior to installing this plug-in, also disabled after installing with the same results.

Actually this is running on Windows 2012 Server with IIS as the web server, so the .htaccess is replaced by web.config file which should be available to view.

I hope this helps, thank you

Chad

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Chad (@360sync)

I hope you are well today and sorry for the delay here.

Thank you for the additional information, As this is a windows server (which you clearly mentioned above, but I mis-read), I've been taking a look and can't find a way to replicate this, I did find this on wordpress.org http://wordpress.org/support/topic/multisite-install?replies=4#post-2198998 and while it's not your same issue, it does imply a issue with the web.config file, I've compared the two, and yours looks slightly different, but of course that may be as your running a newer version of WordPress, but could you try the one there and see if it resolves it?

Thank you and again very sorry about the delay.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.