Images not in Image Gallery after uploading via FTP

Hi,

I have a multisite network.
I have been trying to add photos into their specific folder (site 1 uploads folder 03,04...) however when I do this they don't show up in the image gallery of the site.

I have double checked to see if it is the right folder and yes it is. When I upload images via the dashboard they show up in the uploads folder via ftp.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Silvia,

If I understood your post correctly you are uploading images using FTP account directly to uploads folder, yes?
    So this will not work by default. Images have to be run by media uploader so WordPress will make right entries in database for those images.
    WordPress does not check what images are in upload folder every time you display your media gallery - it gets information about images from database. It is much quicker and more efficient way. But to place those information in database, WordPress needs to process images - thats why media uploader has to be used.

There is plugin that can override that behavior https://srd.wordpress.org/plugins/media-from-ftp/ - from screenshots it looks like its also compatible with WP Multisite.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.