Images on membership pages display as 'broken image' content. What am I missing here?

Images on membership pages display as 'broken image' content. What am I missing here?

This site is currently in test mode. To see this issue requires that you sign up for a Wine Club membership, but as the price is currently nil, I hope you'll bear with me.

Anyway, I am using shortcode to use one page to display all content. All works perfectly, other than the fact that the image that I wish to display shows an outline and a 'broken image' link issue.

I know the image is where it is supposed to be, as I can paste the url into a browser and see the darned thing. However, in my membership pages, the image displays as broken.

If you are patient enough to sign up for this test crap, you will come to this page: https://www.flyinggoatcellars.com/welcome

As you'll see, no image to the left, just a missing image BS issue.

Please tell me how to fix this! Anyone can see the image with this URL: https://www.flyinggoatcellars.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/wine-forFGS1.jpg

I don't want to protect this image at all, I just want it to work correctly on my members protected page. Etch.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

@camparoo

Hi Mary! Hope you're doing well.

I had a look at the site (well done!), but wasn't able to sign up anywhere. I clicked on the 'Get more info' on the sidebar of the homepage, but it took me to the 'Protected' page with this message:

This area is undergoing a necessary overhaul. Please check back shortly for simplified sign-up and more available discounts and perks

Please let me know how I can register and I will do some testing and try to see why the image is not showing.

For the sake of checking all avenues, if the permissions and levels are all set up correctly can you try going to:

WP Admin Dashboard » Settings » Media

Then in the 'Store uploads in this folder' field enter:

wp-content/uploads

Save that and then look again.

Also, a few questions that might help us get closer to the solution.

- Was this image placed before activating the Membership plugin?
    - While Membership is activated could you please try re-uploading the image to see if this resolves the display issue?

Look forward to receive your feedback.

Have a good day!

Gina

• Mark
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@GinaB
    The sign up page is here:
    https://www.flyinggoatcellars.com/wine-club-sign-u

Mary, you are missing the p at the end.
    (I hope it's not in the wine, yuk yuk!)

First, some issues I encountered:
    I signed up for Free "Club Celebrate" membership. You need to make some CSS changes there because it flows over into the sidebar (See screenshot).After subscribing, I got redirected to the Protected Page notice. I went ahead anyway and manually entered https://www.flyinggoatcellars.com/welcome and it was fine, it let me in.

Image visibility problem
    Yes, now I do see your image visibility problem. Can you try Gina's steps and also go view this relevant thread and follow the guidance Joe gave?

Please confirm whether this helps or not.

Best regards,
    Mark

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

@camparoo

Hi Mary

I see the broken image as well now. I noticed that it's saved to downloads/2012. Is this your default folder for images?

I will ask the Developer for his suggestions. It might be useful to also have a look at your membership settings, if you can send us a screenshot of that.

Look forward to your feedback.

Have a good day!

Gina

• camparoo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi mark77210,yes, I know about the css issues, actually, I will be changing a great deal after I have this image issue resolved!

Gina B – the image was not placed before activating the Plug-in. I checked other pages and posts, and I am still able to place images in locations not protected by the Membership plug-in. I have tried adding the image by uploading it and attaching it the the specific page, I have uploaded the image to the media area, and then attached it through this. Still no joy. When I throw the URL of the image into a different browser, it works just fine.

I am tied up at the moment, but will be back to this – and will provide some screen shot info on my Membership settings tonight! Thanks for input all!

• camparoo

OK, I left the link on the image, and it led to this:

Warning: strstr() [function.strstr]: Empty delimiter in /data/19/2/111/162/2600814/user/2852547/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php on line 422
    404 — File not found.

When I am logged in as site admin, I can see the image, but nobody else can. Etch.

Anyway, I uploaded the image to a new location, changed the URL, and now it works perfectly. Not exactly the way I wanted to resolve this, but it works, and I am just fine and dandy with that!

Thanks for all the help folks! Oh and I added p. Not to the wine!

• Mark
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Cool.

I saw that error message for your image and that's why I linked to other thread. (It has the same message). I saw another thread today with same error message, so I'm just wondering if there's not a pro-active way to detail the solution and then create a new post about it. Barry?

PS to staff - It would be nice to have a special area to report solutions. Please see my recent feature request for WPMU Dev.

• camparoo

Sorry, nothing else to report. I created a folder at the root of the site for images. I uploaded my images there, and then updated the URL for my images on the WP protected content page I was struggling with.

The images worked perfectly, appearing within the shortcode of my 'welcome' page for all new members.

I have seven different membership levels – and each one has a different welcome message and set of links and images. While it is the same image repeated seven times, the image is only shown once for each membership level, so it doesn't duplicate or anything.

Each new member sees the content I have provided for them.

What is rather interesting; I also provide different Marketpress results to people that is very dependent on their membership level, and this works flawlessly, including all featured images.

I am not sure why shortcode Marketpress content works flawlessly on Membership protected pages while linked images set for the page won't, but I suspect that this is at the heart of the issue.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.