images were optimized but still getting message

Hello!
I have smushed all the images on my site, but when I run Hummingbird, it gives me a score of only 7 for the image optimization and suggests I optimize some images. But i have run Smush a couple of times and it said I am up to date on there. Am I missing something?
thank you in advance

• Denitsa

Hello Monica,
    I hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us!

It looks like you have some images that are getting resized by HTML and CSS. That's because your site is loading images larger than it's HTML holder, for example a 931x727 image but the actual HTML holder of that image is 150x117 so the image is resized to fit in that holder.

Unfortunately this is not something Smush can deal with since the theme code is written in the way to call the larger image, and even though the image is compressed google doesn't like loading image larger than its holder, so this is something you probably need to check with the theme devs.

You can also try to regenerate the Thumbnails via this plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/) and then smush them again. You need to go to Tools -> Force Regenerate Thumbnails after installing and activating the plugin.

Let me know how it goes!

Regards,
    Denitsa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.