import appointments from google cal

Hi. I just added some appointments to my google calendar, and there is something right happening, and something not so right.
The new appointments block for new appointments except for the last 30-60 minutes, where they may overlap. Not so good. Also nothing appears in the listing of appointments, as they do when I add them from appointments dashboard. I tries all the import settings, but all tries just returned [Appointments+] 0 appointment record(s) affected.
I suppose appointments knows, that since I add the appointment to google calendar, I am the service provider. Am I wrong?
Some appointments were deleted before new were added, but the old appointments are still listed in the dashboard. Thanx for help. I will open for access for you now.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Knudoboy,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I could confirm it on your site as displayed in the attached screenshot and also saw that the time zones are same as UTC+1. i didn't find any appointment entry for 15 May 2015 in the Appointments section in the admin area.

Is the Test Connection appointment working fir you on clicking on "Test Connection" link in the Appointments+ Google Calender Settings?

Clicking this link will attempt to connect your GCal account and write a sample appointment which lasts 30 minutes and starts 10 minutes after your current server time. If there are some setting or connection errors, you will be informed about them.

The new appointments block for new appointments except for the last 30-60 minutes, where they may overlap. Not so good.

Could you you please describe it a bit more in detail?

FYI it takes 10 minutes to update appointments from GCal but you can click on "Import and Update Events from GCal Now" the link which will manually import and update your Events from the selected calendar without waiting for 10 minutes. i know this is not working for you now due to some reason.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Knudoboy

Thanks for getting back to me. I tested the connection several times, and it works well.
    What I mean is, that I added an appointment in the google calendar ending for example 17:00. Still if a client want to book me for at job, A+ allows the job to start at 16:00 or 16:30. Then there will be an overlap.
    The jobs I added in the calendar do not show up in the list. Does A+ need some additional information to show the jobs. They seem to be in the database OK. OHHH NOW I see the light. They are listed as "reserved by Gcal" But they cannot be edited to become confirmed and I cannot add the service provider or anything. Blue hover text says "See details (cannot be edited)".
    If you check the screen shot I sent to you, you will see, that there are free times at 15:00 and 15:30 while the job on the google calendar (right side of screen shot) ends at 16:00

• Tyler Postle

Hey Knudoboy,

Hope you're doing well today and apologies for the delay here!

Did you manage to get this all sorted out? :slight_smile: Sounds like maybe their is more than one service provider so the gcal appointment occupied one service provider but not the other.

I wonder if it is possible to set the title of the gcal appointments to something else than service.

Is this referring to the title of the booked service? It should set it as the first service on your services list :slight_smile:

Let us know if you still need any further assistance.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.