Import existing members to Membership 2 Pro?

I've just installed a new site with bbPress and Membership 2 Pro. I imported all users and forums from another forum installation. Is it possible to give all current members the membership level I have set up on the new WP installation, or would I have to do it one-by-one?

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hiya @angeljs

Thats right it should ideally be grayed out on a fresh install. That option is for sites that are upgrading from an old membership to the current one. In our case the best way for ward is to use the importer and the exporter to move site data

Cheers
    Jude

• angeljs
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi, thanks for your replies. However, neither of those are exactly what I was looking for. I don't have adult content on my site, I just don't want minors to join. vBulletin has a plugin that requires members to input their date of birth before they can access the actual registration page, and I was just wondering if something like that could be possible with Membership 2 Pro. :slight_smile: It's no biggie, just a thought.

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi again @angeljs

I'm not sure what you are saying - is it possible to add all present members to the pro group, or would they have to be added singly?

Well it depends on where they were in the site you're importing from. Unless you want that changed in which case it gets a bit more complex

. vBulletin has a plugin that requires members to input their date of birth before they can access the actual registration page, and I was just wondering if something like that could be possible with Membership 2 Pro.

Yeah M2 Pro is pretty customisable, you can replace the whole login form and replace it with a custom one requesting any info you want. I have helped a few members with something similar in the past, see below

https://gist.github.com/JudeRosario/829bd2d86c61a0210e87

Cheers
    Jude

• angeljs
    • The Crimson Coder

Okay, not being a programmer, I'm not sure how that would work. Can you use any form generator, and what happens once the member signs up? Does that info get passed to the database and can it be altered by the member when they update their profile?

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi again @angeljs

Just to clarify

1 ) You can use any form generator including making your own as long as its a WP sign up form.

2 ) Once the member signs up they continue with the standard M2 work flow .. i.e pick membership / pay up / activate account etc

3 ) If you mean from the form then it depends on the form you are using and table you put it into. This should be relatively straightforward

4 ) Altering the profile may be slightly harder and depends on how / where the user alters the profile, if you want this on the M2 account page then it may take a bit of custom code.

Since you mentioned that development is not your forte .. I suggest you try our Jobs Board where you can find some good talent that can help you with this.

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.