"Import" existing WP site into a new multisite

Hi all,

I have several independent Wordpress sites which I now want under a big-ass central multisite install! I've managed to copy 1 over successfully, but I have 2 which are going to cause me problems.

Site A) Massive! Lots of plugins and loads of media
Site B) Also massive! But has the added fun of being an existing, customised buddypress site. The biggest bugger of all being that I want all the users from there to be automatically given access to all the other sites in the network.

There will eventually be 7 sites in total.. do you have any cunning way of importing all these existing sites into their own multisite site without making my head hurt?!

Marvellous

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mike,

I hope you're well today and thank you for this interesting question!

Our Snapshot Pro plugin will help you do this and avoid any major headaches :slight_smile: Take a look here please:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/

Here's the basic procedure:

1. Make sure that your Multisite is up and running with no issues
    2. Install Snapshot Pro plugin on your multisite

3. Install Snapshot Pro on "site to be moved"
    4. Create a full snapshot (backup) of that site (make sure that you selected "Include common files" option and included all db tables)
    5. Download the snapshot archive
    6. Upload the snapshot archive to the "/wp-content/uploads/snapshots" folder of your Multisite install
    7. On your Multisite go to "Network admin -> Snapshots -> Import" page and hit "Import/Scan"
    8. After a message shows up saying that the snapshot's been imported go to "Snapshots -> All Snapshots" and restore that snapshot following on-screen instructions

9. Repeat steps 3-8 for each of your single sites.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.