Import Facebook Page Events to Events+ Calendar

I am trying to get the Events+ calendar to import events from a facebook page that I am managing. I have changed the userid to the facbook page id and setup the app. Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Randy

Nastia

Hello @randu, I hope you are well today!

I'm sorry to hear you have this issue.

Just to make sure, do you have events to import from the Facebook account to Events+?
    Please check if you enabled "Allow Facebook and Twitter Login" in Events -> Settings -> Plugin settings.

Also can you try hitting reset in the Facebook Events Import settings in dashboard > events > settings.

Then click save settings. then refresh the page and hit the authenticate button.

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

randu

I did this I have also created a facebook app as required but it looks like it's going to take up to 5 days for it approve? I'm no sure if I did this wrong and created the wrong thing or if this is what is required to make this work. I was looking for a nice events calendar for Wordpress that would import the events not from my Facebook business page. Please let me know what I have to do to get this working or if it is just a waiting game at this point.

Sajid

Hi @randu,

Hope you are doing good today

There are no specific settings or extended permissions required to import facebook events. Just register an app, make sure the domain name is correct. Enter details in app settings from Events > Settings > Facebook events import settings. Authenticate, set "Run importer every:" , save changes and WAIT

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Take care and have a nice day

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

randu

I need more assistance. I need a hand holding here I guess. Creating a facebook app for this is proving to be time consuming and difficult. I had to give screenshots and a video of my screen to try and get the events permission for the app and I got denied and have sent a message this morning. I need to know a step by step on properly setting up the facebook app to work with this plugin. The learning curve here is seemingly steep for what should be simple.

My other issue right away is the inability to easily customize the event page styling.. Please help me get this working asap as I am investing way too much time in a plugin from a company with a such a great reputation and wide user base. A

Sajid

Hi @randu,

I tried to find an updated step by step tutorial on how to register a Facebook APP on Google but could not find that. Again Facebook have changed their API terms and conditions for new APPs. They needs to be submitted for review in order to use it later.

I need to know a step by step on properly setting up the facebook app to work with this plugin.

So I went ahead and registered a new APP. Here are steps with screenshots to explain the process.

1. First step is login to https://developers.facebook.com and from dropdown of My Apps click on "Add a New APP" (see screenshot 1) to begin the process.

2. Select "Website" from PopUp (see screenshot 2).

3. Enter name of the Facebook APP and click on "Create New Facebook APP ID" button (see screenshot 3).

4. Select no for "Is this a test APP version of another APP ?" option , chose a category (any that suits you), and click on "Create APP ID" (see screenshot 4).

5. Now skip the setup here at the moment (see screenshot 5).

6. Now go to your APPS (https://developers.facebook.com/apps) > Settings and add domain name of y our website where you have installed the plugin, provide contact email and click on Add Platform button (see screenshot 6).

7. Select website from the PopUp (see screenshot 7).

8. Enter site URL where you have installed the plugin and save changes (see screenshot 8).

9. From Status & Review, toggle the APP to go live (see screenshot 9).

10. Click on "Start a Submission" (see screenshot 10).

11. Select "user_events" and click on "Add 1 item" button (see screenshot 11).

12. Now get back to Events > Settings > Facebook Events import settings, add the details, authenticate, configure the interval and save changes.

Remember you must submit the APP for review in order to import the events. I know its very lengthy process but its Facebook policy and we are bound to it. I also submitted my new app for review so lets see what's response I get from them.

I got denied and have sent a message this morning.

What message you get from there ? Would you mind sharing that here so I can understand why they denied ?

My other issue right away is the inability to easily customize the event page styling.. Please help me get this working asap as I am investing way too much time in a plugin from a company with a such a great reputation and wide user base.

There are number of ways to customize/override and customize the events pages and style it according to your requirements. If you tell us what exactly the issue you are facing here (with the help of screenshot, if possible) and create a separate thread for this issue then we will love to help you sort this out (feel free to tag me there).

This is recommended to start separate thread for each issue to get faster response and according to our forum posting rules. This helps us track each issue in its own dedicated ticket and also helps other members of the community to find an answer looking for same question in future.

Thanks for your patience and being a valuable member of the community

Cheers, Sajid

Sajid

Hi @randu,

I am sorry for delay here, I have been ill and just back now.

For step by step instructions, I gave them details of how they can actually authenticate the app. I am posting them here you too.

1. First go to http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-login.php ( don't forget it to change the URL with actual login URL).
    2. Login with username: (admin_username) and password: (admin_password).
    3. Now go to Events > Settings > Facebook Events import settings (you can also include the full URL here too)
    4. Authenticate

For screencast, I recorded a screencast I explained where they should actually go from login to authenticate. Also told them that after adding the app details it will import he events and where they can see those events after that (Events > Events).

The good news is, they approved my APP in first attempt

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care and have a nice day

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J