Import Members into Membership 2 from a different program

I have 500 members to import from an old membership program (not WordPress). I would like to use a csv format. When I import, I need to import the new subscription level and the expiration date. Can this be done? What would be the format for the CSV?

I know in the membership2 settings there is an import option. Near as I can figure out, this only works with membership1 or 2 exports. The export is in json format. Can I set up my import file with my data in json format (if I can figure it out) and will membership2 import it? There must be a way to import 500 members. I'm not going to do it manually.

Thanks for the help.

• Ash

Hello @John

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

The export is in json format. Can I set up my import file with my data in json format (if I can figure it out) and will membership2 import it?

Yes, if you can use the same json format, then membership 2 will import the members and details. I recommend to export from membership 2, get the json file and follow the format.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• John

I did the export and the json format is pretty easy to figure out. I have two questions.
    1. The beginning of the json file is all the subscription information. Does this have to be included again?
    2. The json file shows the members that have been manually entered into the system. Do they have to be re-entered?
    In other words, if I import a json file, does it overwrite all of the existing information or does it add to what is already there?

• Ash

Hello @John

I recommend two things in this case:

1. Take a backup of your database before proceeding
    2. When you import, please check the box for "Replace current content with import data (removes existing Memberships/Members before importing data)". It will remove all data and import again as fresh.

If you don't check the box, the previous data won't be removed and the same membership will be added again.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.