Import product details from an xml or excel file

Hi,
Is it possible to import product details from an external file i.e. excel, xml, csv?

Or maybe to link another webshop with the marketpress one?

Thanks.
Paddy

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Paddy,

Native feature for importing in MarketPress is still not available. I know that developers are working on it to get it back to the plugin.

However many of our members are successfully importing products form file with this plugin: https://pl.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-all-import/ - it supports csv and xml files - and plays quite nice with MarketPress.

Or maybe to link another webshop with the marketpress one?

I'm not sure if I we are on the same page here - but you can link product in MarketPress to another external product in another shop - you create product in MarketPress and choose "External /Affiliate link" - then you past link to another shop in the "External link". Then on the product page if user clicks "Buy" it will be moved to another shop.

If you have something different in mind please tell me more about.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Paddy

Hi Kasia,
    Thanks for your answer. Thanks for that news about the external link. I didn't know about it.

Do you have a sample file as xml or csv that fits with marketpress?

Regarding the second point, let me explain it better.
    I have some shop that have already an online shop but would like to join the marketpress network but they don't want to duplicate the work.
    So the request was if there is a way to synch the two shops.
    So they could update their online shop and this would update as well the shop with marketpress.
    Maybe there is an automatic way to do it?
    I mean using the import file would be one but maybe there an automatic synch?

thanks.
    Paddy

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Paddy,

Do you have a sample file as xml or csv that fits with marketpress?

I'm afraid we don't have that file. But with WP All Import you can import any csv/xml file and with drag and drop set what elements have to be imported where.

here I just uploaded dummy data file and and even this is not shop export I still can import data.

So they could update their online shop and this would update as well the shop with marketpress.
    Maybe there is an automatic way to do it?
    I mean using the import file would be one but maybe there an automatic synch?

OK, now I understand. So in MarketPress there is no function like that. Even with Pro version of the WP All import that has function to import from feed it still needs to be run manually.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.