Import site from single wp installation to multisite

Please, i need import form a single installation one wp site in my multisite, but i need import all: Theme, Post, Page, Setting..... it is possible with cloner?

Thank you
Andrea

• Sajid

Hi @Andrea! Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am afraid cloner is a multisite plugin only. It will not work on single WordPress installation.

For moving site from single to Multisite you can use our snapshot plugin.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/

Please try this plugin and feel free ask if you have any further questions.

Take care and have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid

Hi @Andrea! Hope you are doing good and welcome back :slight_smile:

Please follow the steps below, in order to use snapshot to migrate websites from one server to another server (multisite).

1. First and for most! Install and configure snapshot plugin on your single site WP install and also on multi-site install where you want to import. We have step by step usage guide
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/
    2. Take a backup of your site and store in dropbox or localally.
    3. Download from far right of the All Snapshots list or have the dropbox backup file link.
    4. If you used local destination then upload the downloaded archive in snapshots folder by default its in wp-content/uploads/snapshots.
    4a. Now go to your new WordPress Dashboard -> Snapshots -> Import
    5. If you used dropbox as destination then copy the link of zip archive
    5a. Go to your new WordPress Dashboard -> Snapshots -> Import > URL or local path to Snapshot Archive
    6. Scan / Import Snapshots
    7. Now you will see this snapshot in WordPress Dashboard -> Snapshots -> All Snapshots
    8. Click on restore, select archive by click on restore link.
    9. In Restore Blog Options > Site URL select the blog that you want to import data for that blog
    10. Click restore :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you still have questions :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid