import users from subscribe2

hi there,
i've previously used subscribe2 but installed your plugin.
it only imported a couple of subscribe2 emails. not sure why. any idea?
thanks,
Adam

• digitsoft

Man...I can't even type fast enough...

Another thing beyond Gina's answer is this...

The import procedure is basically driven by a sql query (and a few lines that process it):
    SELECT email FROM " . $wpdb->prefix . "subscribe2 WHERE active = '1'"

I'd look in the subscribe2 table and see how many are actually active using phpmyadmin:
    SELECT COUNT(*) FROM db_subscribe2 WHERE active = '1'

Just replace db_ with your prefix...

If they weren't marked as active, then they wouldn't get imported.

• digitsoft

@Gina - thanks...I'm glad to be here as well...great group of people! It actually happened very fast...2.5 weeks from start to finish :wink: The final rep points (150) came in when I fixed a MU/BP issue for someone by Skyping with them and working on the site...that solution even prompted Arun to say - "Dude...you should be hired" lol.

If you chat with Joe (aecnu), ask him if he got my meta box code. I sent him email and pinged him in a few threads, but never heard back.

Hopefully you were out on vacation...glad you're back!

Rob

• adam007

hi guys,
    thanks for your messages. sorry i didn't get back to You sooner, but was away..

unfortunately, i still don't really understand how to solve this problem..

i have both plugins running: subscribe2 and subscribe by email.
    from what i understand, all the users from the subscribe2 database should be automatically imported to 'subscribe by email' database right?

some of my 'subscribe2' subscribers have added themselves using a form on the site, others have been manually added by myself through the admin panel. they're not listed as the wordpress site subscribers but 'subscribe2'.

actually, the main reason i wanted to start using 'subscribe by email' plugin was that 'subscribe2' stopped sending new post notifications for some reason.

i've tried to disable all the other plugins, but still the same result. not sure what else to do..

thanks,
    Adam

• digitsoft

Have you gone into phpmyadmin and run the query I mentioned above and re-posted below?

If so, what was the resulting number & does it match what was imported?

If not, we can't help much without that info.

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM db_subscribe2 WHERE active = '1'

You need to change db in the query to whatever your database name is like this if it was wpadam:
    SELECT COUNT(*) FROM wpadam_subscribe2 WHERE active = '1'

• aecnu

Greetings Adam,

I think that you will be able to easily solve this issue and "import", actually copy and paste, your subscribers from one table into to the other.

To help ease the pain and assist dealing with copying tables in the database, I offer you to download in what is in my opinion the greatest Database Management software of all time Navicat.

That could definitely do the job for you - I would love to hear how it goes if you try it out?

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hello @adam007

Hope you're well.

Just checking in with you to see if there is anything else that we can assist with. Did you get sorted or are there still issues outstanding that needs to be addressed?

Since it's been a while that I last heard from you, I will go ahead and resolve this topic, but please don't hesitate to reopen it should you still require additional me. Just select the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (otherwise I might miss your new post).

All the best!

Gina