Import users - Multisite - e-newsletter

Hi. Please are you able to advise your recommended procedure for importing users into a multisite environment.

I want to ensure they are auto subscribed to e-newsletter on the main blog but there are several newsletter categories to assign and the members also have company names, addressees and telephone numbers.

There are approx 25,000 so manually assigning them is out of the question

Thanks in advance

Stef

• Stefanie
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Alexander,

Looks promising but it seems it is limited to specific import fields.

I need to be able to import telephone, address, company name as well as assigning them to a specific regional area newsletter defined by the postal town.

I wonder if you would know if this could be modified to do this too.

Thanks very much for your help.

Stef

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Stefanie,

Modifying the plugin to do this would be possible, but would take quite a few of changes.

The plugin starts by parsing the spreadsheet and storing the values in a database table. This is a temporary place to queue new users and blogs - so we can check them off as we go, and if there are errors, we can easily re-queue them.

You'd need to update the database schema to accepts additional fields. You'd also need to change a few queries to accept them as well.

Then finally you'd need to update the method used to process the queue. This is the easy part, as you could just use the wordpress update_user_meta function to add the new fields to the user.

It's not too complicated, but it's not really something there's a quick fix for. If you need to hire a developer, you can checkout our job boards here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Take care

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.