Imported Members have expiration dates

I had several issues importing my members from membership 1 to membership 2 but we did finally seem to get them all. However since I've noticed several problems popping up.

1) The membership (there is only one.) should never expire and run until the user cancels it. Imported members have expiration dates and some have expired which I have had to manually fix.

2) Despite resending the payment data from paypal as requested in this forum some members payment dates didn't transfer which I've had to just try and notice to date.

3) User history on most of the imported members has all of their past payments accounted for on one date... not really much of a history and a bit confusing for them.

#1 is my most concerning issue but help on 2 and 3 would be nice too. I'm granting access through the dashboard now.

• Rupok

Hi Luke

Hope you had a wonderful day.

1) The membership (there is only one.) should never expire and run until the user cancels it. Imported members have expiration dates and some have expired which I have had to manually fix.

Can you temporarily enable PayPal/Stripe Sandbox mode so we can make some test signup to confirm the issue? I could not regenerate this on my test sites.

2) Despite resending the payment data from paypal as requested in this forum some members payment dates didn't transfer which I've had to just try and notice to date.

Can you please explain a little more? I'm not sure if I could follow properly.

3) User history on most of the imported members has all of their past payments accounted for on one date... not really much of a history and a bit confusing for them.

Can you please mention any specific user where we can check this? Moreover I could test on my test user if you enabled Sandbox mode for payment gateways.

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve the issues as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Luke

Just go into All members and notice that 7 users have 'expired' this shouldn't happen since the membership should bill continuously until they manually cancel it.

Users: Engergizer12, need2stretch, vanessadelacruz, Yogamama, Charsley,

This happened on imported members from membership one.

The user payment history is gone, an example is Zoemj whose membership expired and I had to manually re-enter it. This also happened to Hunter

When I ran the import, I resent IPN (instand payment notification) data from paypal as requested which was supposed to fix these problems I believe but more and more expired members keep popping up.

You are welcome to enable the paypal sandbox when you test but I don't want to leave it on indefinitely not knowing when you will check it out.

• Rupok

Hi Luke

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I just found you are using a very old version of our Membership plugin. The plugin name is "Membership 2 Pro" now and it's really really difficult for us to troubleshoot issues in this older version. This old version had lots of issues, that's why our developers fully re-coded the whole plugin and releases version 2. Can you please update the plugin to latest version? That will help you and us both to have less issues and resolve those faster? Please let us know if you have any specific reason for staying in this old version of this plugin.

Please don't forget to take a full backup of your website so you can always revert back to current state if anything goes wrong?

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Luke

This is a MAJOR problem and you have not assisted us on this for 3 days now.

All of the memberships are expiring despite paypal payments still doing through. I am literally having to go in and hand edit each expired membership and cross reference against paypal.

When I first saw the expiration dates, I was told the expiration date wasn't for the memberships but just for the month. But now every single membership is expiring, and the paypal payments being made aren't hitting the system regardless.

This either has to be something with the way the membership was set up in the transfer or something wrong with the custom version of membership 2 you had us install to fix the import problem.

Please help assist this urgently... we've already used up any good will we had left with our members during the import fiasco and now paying members are all getting blocked out without record through expired memberships which should never expire!

• Philipp Stracker

Hi Luke. I just had a look at your site and could identify the issue with expired memberships!

Unfortunately it seems, that the payment logic does not correctly recognize all members, and because of this many payments are not processed by Membership 2 plugin.
    I will have a look at the code and find out what's going on.
    Just two things: (1) I will need support access to your site so I can analyze the payment data in more detail later. So please keep the access active. And (2) I'm very busy with an urgent project today and possibly can have a look at the issue until Monday. Maybe earlier, but cannot promise it now.

You already sent FTP details via our secure contact form, so if I solved the issue I will update the affected files on your site and test the payments to make sure it's working correctly for you.
    I can directly process the failed payments from inside WordPress. And of course I will be very careful what I do on your website! But since it's a life site you might want to get a DB Backup of your site tomorrow, before I make any changes - just for extra safety.

Thanks, Philipp :slight_smile:

• Michael Bissett

Hey @luke24,

To provide an update here, Philipp's been digging into this for you, and he's found the problem in the code, and has fixed it.

In addition to that, though, matching-rules for the old Membership transactions had to be set up, this would be done via the "Setup automatic matching" option inside of:

Membership 2 Pro -> Billing -> Show Transaction Logs

He's gone and done that for you, and in total, there were 217 transactions completed. Only 2 transactions failed (linked to user-ID 42 / Susan Shore / s.shore.mail@gmail.com), and as far as he can tell this is correct.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.