Imported users from NING - now need to resend login & password to all users

I was pleased that I could import almost 2000 users from NING, into my Buddypress site, but users need to be resent their information. They can't seem to figure out the lost password function.
So, is there a plugin or something that will do it. All the users are ACTIVE SUBSCRIBERS.
I need them to be able to register, but they don't even know what their USERNAME is. I think the NING to Buddypress importer gave two options and I must have chosen the wrong one, so their USERNAME was changed to their display name from NING. (Or something like that)....

I have 1800 members who can't login right now. About 100 did login, just fine.

• Kimberly

Hello bayareamarketingmedia, :slight_smile:

I've been looking around and cannot find anything that will send that email.

Have you already closed the Ning Site? Is it too late for you to re-import using the variables you want?

I was able to find a couple mass user mailer plugins in the codex, http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/email-users/

I won't send dynamic info, i.e. filling in user fields, however you can use it to send them an instructional email letting them know how to access their info or change it to ensure that the security of their information on the new site is secure.

Perhaps someone else will know of something, but I couldn't find anything, so sorry!

Best,

Kimberly

• Kimberly

Hello bayareamarketingmedia, :slight_smile:

I've been looking around and cannot find anything that will send that email.

Have you already closed the Ning Site? Is it too late for you to re-import using the variables you want?

I was able to find a couple mass user mailer plugins in the codex, http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/email-users/

I won't send dynamic info, i.e. filling in user fields, however you can use it to send them an instructional email letting them know how to access their info or change it to ensure that the security of their information on the new site is secure.

Perhaps someone else will know of something, but I couldn't find anything, so sorry!

However! I do think this would be a GREAT addition to the plugin. An option to mail all users their info, a link or something else upon completion!

I would suggest penning a thread in Feature Requests to see if you get any feedback, I would +1 this idea myself :slight_smile: Let's get some votes and I'll notify the developer, perhaps it will be included in a new realease!

Best,

Kimberly

• bayareamarketingmedia

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for your response. I do still have access to the NING site, so to get things rolling, I sent out a mass email with a little explanation and a direct link to the "lost password" page in Wordpress.

I agree, though. This should be part of the plugin. I did find a plugin that would send out the user credentials to users who had not activated.

Unconfirmed plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/unconfirmed/
    Allows admins on a WordPress Multisite network to manage unactivated users, by either activating them manually or resending the activation email.

Unfortunately, when you import users from NING, using the NING to Buddypress plugin, the users are fully activated, and set to subscriber, so the Unconfirmed plugin won't help anyone for this purpose.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.