Good morning, all!
I need to be able to import several thousand products from CSV into a new [upcoming] MarketPress installation. I've been informed that the current version of MarketPress cannot import from CSV, and that though past versions could, the import was a problem (presumably, that's why the feature was removed). Apparently, a new and functional import (from CSV) is coming back soon to MarketPress. So:
1. Any idea when this new/returning feature will be released?
2. Can anyone share details about what's wrong with the most recent importer?
3. Has anyone tried importing products with the last known working version (perhaps, if the imported products were simple enough for the importer to handle well), and then upgrade MarketPress to the current version?
4. Has anyone tried importing products directly via MySQL? If so, and if you have a script that works with WordPress 4.4 and the current MarketPress, would you share?
5. Any recommendations for plugins that are KNOWN to support MarketPress?
6. First import will be to the core/main site of a WordPress 4.4 MultiSite (with WPMUDev's Domain Mapping). Other sites in the network will have to get the same import, but not necessarily via CSV - WPMUDev's MultiSite Content Copier might actually be better in terms of workflow. Opinions?
BTW, the CSV in question is fairly simple (albeit long): No images are to be imported with the CSV (Instead, I'd like to import URL's to external images). Some products in the CSV have only one image URL (again, to an external source), and some have several, but none have zero.