Importing old blog posts to Upfront Spirit

Hi there,

We have imported blog posts from our old site to Upfront/Spirit with the WP tool. Then the blog template has been modified and it now seems that these changes in the css of both the blog archive and thispost style do not fully work in the old imported posts. Also, the images of those posts have not been imported. What could be done here in order to have the imported posts use the same template style as the new posts? Why are the featured images not imported to upfront? Thanks for your help!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Laura,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

We have imported blog posts from our old site to Upfront/Spirit with the WP tool. Then the blog template has been modified and it now seems that these changes in the css of both the blog archive and thispost style do not fully work in the old imported posts.

Could you try going to Upfront editor, edit one of the posts that have correct layout and after saving you will see popup to save changes to specific post or all posts of same post type, select all posts option and see if it works after that.

Also, the images of those posts have not been imported. What could be done here in order to have the imported posts use the same template style as the new posts? Why are the featured images not imported to upfront?

I've just tested WP import tool on few of my installations that use default WP themes and it looks like the issue is in with the importer itself since it didn't import images for me as well.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Laura Janger-Laitio

Hi Predrag!

Thanks for trying out the import tool, we'll just have to manually add the images then, no problem.

I have already tried saving the changes to all posts, but that did not help. However, I now tried to save the "for this post only" opiton in saving the changes and now it works! So the css style needs to be changes per post and saved per post in order to apply the changes.

One additional question about the blog posts. In our previous theme when sharing the posts in Facebook, the metadescription and the featured image were picked up. It seems that at least in the old posts, the featured image does not follow. Is this really so in Upfront, or are we just doing something wrong here?

Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.