Importing Parent Style into Child theme

Hello,

I would like to edit the Style.css file in the Magazine child theme. (I am new to css and themeing). The wordpress codex suggests that if you would like to make minor changes to style and layout, that I should import the parent styles. Is this necessary for the magazine style.css child theme? I ask because there is some text in the style.css file that seems to indicate that the magazine default style is already imported. Is this true? If not, can you tell me how you suggest importing the parent style.

(They have suggestions, as well. Please see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes. Should I do this?)

Thank you.

• drashida
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi,
    Thanks for your response. I have tried to paste this code into the theme with no results:

html {
    background: url(images/bg.jpg) no-repeat center center fixed;
    -webkit-background-size: cover;
    -moz-background-size: cover;
    -o-background-size: cover;
    background-size: cover;
    }

That is why I am wondering if I am doing it right?

Thank you.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Can I see a direct link to where you're using it, I can then take a look and see if something else is taking charge.

Which browser you using, are you using multiple ones? which ones? Does it work in any?

Is that the correct path for the image? I can see with a direct link. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.