Importing Posts to a New Site Issues and Troubleshooting

Hi Guys,
A few questions for you. I recently imported and exported some posts from one blog to another blog. Now I am having some issues, the first is that the URL in my Post Settings is still showing the old site and not the new site? Is there a way to edit that so that it is showing my new site? I am not sure if that affects anything? The second is that the images are still linking back to the old site and the import didn't bring any of the media files. Is there an easy fix for this? I can think of a manual way to do it. :slight_smile:

I do have another set of posts from another site that I want to import as well. Do you guys have a product or process for doing that easily? I know you have a lot of tools available, I just need a clue as to getting started. Would be nice to bring over all the posts, and the images and have it import smoothly.

Thanks!
Tony

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Tony,

How did you perform the export/import process? Did you used native WordPress Import/Export tools?
    If you checked that you want only posts to be exported and not all the content or media - then no files will be imported.
    Also importer does not change the content of the posts - if you have inside post image it is inserted as img tag - and importer wont change path to that image.
    Only way to update those paths is to use search and replace plugin:
    https://srd.wordpress.org/plugins/search-and-replace/
    https://srd.wordpress.org/plugins/better-search-replace/

Now I am having some issues, the first is that the URL in my Post Settings is still showing the old site and not the new site? Is there a way to edit that so that it is showing my new site?

This one I did replicate on my site - posts are working fine, permalink is correct and seems like working fine everywhere, but only in Upfront its showing in wrong one.
    Let me ask devs why this is happening and how we can fix that.

I know you have a lot of tools available, I just need a clue as to getting started. Would be nice to bring over all the posts, and the images and have it import smoothly.

Try to do import in two steps - once import posts and second time import just media, this way you should not be forced to import all the content.
    Let me know how it works for you.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.