Importing products

Hi Gina,

maybe, you didn't see my recent posts. Anyway, I still have strong doubts about this plugin.

If I'm importing a .csv file, I'm allowed to import the following features:

- Description, Additional Description, Product Name, Price, SKU, weight, weight unit, stock quantity, is limited quantity

That means I'll lack important info on Merchant_URL, Image_URL and many other things. Why can't I import other features than the preset ones???

And if I can - HOW???

Best regards
Jesper

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

I see you addressed @Gina here, so I will ping Gina to make her aware of this thread.

That means I'll lack important info on Merchant_URL,

Where would the merchant url go? I presume this is something from your previous cart, what does it represent and do?

Image_URL and many other things.

If the images are included within the content then I believe they will import the link but I think you are referring to the featured image? Or just taking a link and copying the image?

Is that right?

Why can't I import other features than the preset ones???

It depends on the feature, but if it doesn't currently exist within our cart there would be nowhere to import them to or use in a productive way.

Take care.

• cofz123

Hi Timothy,

many thanks for your detailed reply. I'm gradually getting my grips on the plugin, but the import of products via wp e-commerce causes a grey hair or two.

The thing is, you must experiment in order to import the necessary info, but each time the products are just being added, so you'll end up with a huge amount of products, that you can't use, because they somehow don't have the necessary info.

Anyway, I really appreciate your efforts...

Best regards
    Jesper

• Timothy Bowers

Hey again.

The thing is, you must experiment in order to import the necessary info, but each time the products are just being added, so you'll end up with a huge amount of products, that you can't use, because they somehow don't have the necessary info.

So this isn't importing all the supported data sometimes?

Or do you refer to things like Merchant_URL, Image_URL?

I'm still not sure what they use the Merchant_URL field for? Is this like the suppliers URL?

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.