Importing snapshots they are permanently in Archive Pending - why?

Am unable to restore snapshots. Advice how to solve the issue is much appreciated.

- imported file hasslefree - successfully
- all plugins are installed and activated
- current/permanent status see attached screenshot

but
--> still no success to restore the files. Which step is missing and necessary in order to restore the files?

Thank you.
Brandon

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Brandon,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I accessed your site using support access that you have granted and I browsed available snapshots but I can't see any screens like the one you attached to your post. Could you please point me to an example snapshot that you'd like to restore so I could test it myself?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Steven Zimmerman
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Adam,
    thanks for providing support advice. As requested, please follow these steps:

- Go to Network Admin Panel ALL SNAPDHOTS
    - Click RETORE on any available snaphot then you'll see all imported files (up to June 1st) are still within Archives: Pending.

Looking forward hearing from you again.
    Cheers
    Brandon

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Brandon,

I had a look at your site and all the snapshot you currently have don't look completed, if you check the WPMU Test snapshot that I have created you will see that the snapshot is downloadable by clicking on the snapshot name, while other snapshots don't have this link.

There's also no icon that says witch snapshots have been imported so I'm kinda confused how were this snapshots created.
    Were these snapshots imported from another installation or were they created there as my snapshot?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Steven Zimmerman

Hi Brandon,

how kind of you having a look at the 'archive pending' snapshot issue. To answer your question:

YES those snapshot are implemented from a previous installation. I can assure you, when taking those snapshots I followed exactly the given comprehensive guides as well for restoring them into new installation. However this did not work out; as you could recognized, the restore link are missing now (in other words: implementation function did not implement those missing restore links). And I am wondering WHY especially because I took utmost care to do configuration and other settings exactly (including activation of plugin etc.) as explained in the manuals.

Meanwhile I manually did all that boring work once more to setup my multisite website from scratch also progressed with my websites/subdomains. So restoring now all those available implemented 'previous snapshots' would set me back ... in short, this thread is obsolete by now.

Nevertheless I am worried that links will not be implemented in future in case if I have to restore any newly taken snapshots. Any idea what could have caused that issue?

Thanks
    Brandon

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Brandon,

It's really strange behaviour because those snapshots don't even show as imported ones, imported snapshots should have red (I) sign next to them.

Could you upload those snapshots to any file sharing service, like dropbox, and send me the download links so I could check out the files and try importing them on my installation to see what's happening there?

Please don't share the download links here as those files can contain sensitive data from your site, rather use our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ and the template below:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Download link(s)
    - Link back to this thread for reference

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Steven Zimmerman

Hi Predrag,

very kind of you. Of course will upload them to google.drive and when done (probably by tomorrow), I'll forward to you the details for further testing.

Meanwhile thanks so much for your support which is indeed much appreciated.
    Until then
    regards
    Brandon

• Steven Zimmerman

Hi Predrag,

as requested uploaded at google.drive two snapshots for further testing. Login details: Google Drive forwarded to you 'using different question'.

Uploaded snapshots:
    snapshot-1464913905-160603-003145-4e583c29 <-- import impossible
    snapshot-1462918102-160528-162929-ba73dfbc <-- Archive pending

Appreciate that you'll check out these files and try importing them on your installation to see what's happening there.

Thank you much.
    Brandon

• Steven Zimmerman

Hi Brandon,...

regards your info: Please check my reply on your email for more info about this...

Would you mind to forward it once more, didn't receive any further message from you. Last one I've got regards this issue is from your colleague conforming that he forward requested snapshot upload details incl. logins.

Thank you
    Brandon

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Steven Zimmerman

I can see in our MailBox that my colleague Predrag already sent you reply mail with further instructions about snapshot uploading. Could you please check your spam folder ? If you are not able to find it, just let us know, so I can inform Predrag to send you it one more time. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.