Improve Page Optimization Hummingbird

Looking to further improve page optimzation score. I was able to notice the following issues:

1) The images after smushing are still listed as it needs compression.

2) Main site link is shown as it needs to be further Minified:
Minifying http://xxxxx.com/ could save 2.5KiB (14% reduction) after compression.

3) Would like to know if there is any workaround to fix the Render Blocking issue for the Google fonts listed:

http://fonts.googleapis.com/…%3A300%2C400%2C600%2C700%2C800&ver=4.9.6

Please advise what other steps needs to be taken to further tweak the above. Please check the chat notes for more info.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Ben,

Hope you're well.

1) The images after smushing are still listed as it needs compression.

I checked your theme images and they seem to be compressed and actually one of the images was gone from the report once I ran a new scan, however one of them is still there.
    I'm guessing that this is most likely related to some caching and it should be gone in some time.
    However, optimizing theme files is not really a good solution, because optimized images will be overwritten as soon as the new update of the theme is released.
    I would suggest talking with theme developers about this and ask them to use optimized images in their theme.

As for the Google Play image, this is kinda interesting one.
    The image in question is google-play-1-250x74.png, however there are no registered thumbnails of this size on your site, it looks like the page builder is creating that thumbnail when you define its size but it doesn't register it in Media library so Smush is unable to pick it up as the image is not a part of WordPress, sort to say.
    I would suggest moving that image into some temporary folder, using Smush directory smush to optimize it and then restore it to its original location and overwrite the unoptimized image.

2) Main site link is shown as it needs to be further Minified:

I'm afraid that there's not much that could be done here, and there's actually no need for it as the score is already 97.
    If you check Performance score in Hummingbird you will see this explanation about this:

Unfortunately there isn't currently a reliable way to minify HTML via a WordPress plugin or commonly installed server modules. Luckily this generally has minimal, if any impact on your overall score.

3) Would like to know if there is any workaround to fix the Render Blocking issue for the Google fonts listed:

There's no really fix for this without calling the fonts from your site directly as it's an external resource and your site or Hummingbird can't have impact on it.
    So only way to deal with this would be to download the font and serve it from your server directly.
    You would need to download your font from fonts.google.com and then import it from your server, this guide should help with the import:
    https://www.w3schools.com/css/css3_fonts.asp

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.