Improving Site Performance Score

Would like to make my site faster and improve my test performance score. Need guidance on audit recommendations.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Michele,

You have quite a few images loading on your site and also external resources, like WhatsApp chat files that depend on the outside source, so, unfortunately, there’s not much you could do about that without actually removing stuff from your site.

What you can do is optimize your files because there are around 130 assets loaded on the page, so combining and minimizing them should speed up the site and give you better results.

This can be done from Asset Optimization panel in Hummingbird and this option requires unique setup for each site as it completely depends on the theme and plugins used on the site.

Some of the plugin or theme files don’t handle optimization properly and can cause the site to misbehave due to the way they are coded.

My suggestion when using Asset Optimization is to enable optimization in bulk of 10 files at once, and after every 10 files check your site frontend.

If everything is working fine then you can proceed with the next 10 files.

If you do, however, encounter some issues then go back to Asset Optimization and disable the optimization in last 10 files until you find which one is causing the issue, and then leave that file unoptimized and continue with optimizing rest of them.

Let us if you can see improvement after that.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.